Everything but "some old drum corps photos"

• 2 weeks later...

Even in '78 they couldn't get corps name correct! It's the Vanguard no stinking S!

Oops! Apologies. Fred Sanford taught AAG fall-spring 74-75 with Wayne Downey, I think. I started as guard instructor October 1976 and was asked to compile a list of our instructors prior to our reunion in 2006, a work in progress for years. We're having a reunion July 29-30 2011. If you were a former instructor of AAG search Alberta All Girls Drum and Bugle Band and Colorguard and contact Colleen. I asked our corps directors about 1975 at our annual Superbowl party in 2011. This may have been a santioned DCI contest or not, not sure, our first and last DCI sponsored contest. 1975 was the only year we competed during 10 years of existence as a drum corps. We loved and still love drum corps :-)

75-aag1-a.jpg

100_0173.jpg

...and much more to post to keep this thread going for... a long time. :grouphug:

Love the Vaquero's button. Elmhurst Illinois Finest!

75-aag1-a.jpg

Oldskl3rings good catch w/the Remo add. Heh, in '75 they couldn't spell "Vanguard" right either. Note the "Apostrophe" S... Vanguard is... :blink: ?

Thanks for posting this Linda. Still fun to see who we competed against way back when.

75-aag1-a.jpg

The big three from 1975 - SCV, BD and 27th. I tried looking for scores from the show at

http://www.corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=corpsyrscore&corps=17&corpstype=Junior&yearqry=1975

but found nothing. I wonder who won? Maggie?

The big three from 1975 - SCV, BD and 27th. I tried looking for scores from the show at

http://www.corpsreps.com/scores.cfm?view=corpsyrscore&corps=17&corpstype=Junior&yearqry=1975

but found nothing. I wonder who won? Maggie?

July 1st thru July 9th is the epitome of the saying "On any given Night". July 1st was DCI West, Boise ID. 27th 79.45, SCV 77.70, BD 77.05. July 8th, Seattle WA. BD 79.95, SCV 79.35, 27th 78.15. July 9th, Salem OR. SCV 81.4. No other scores available but we can pretty much assume that BD and 27th were there. In conclusion, I have absolutely no idea who won on July 4th. It could have been any one of us!