Anyone else have ticket problems today?

I'm glad you posted your experience. And I'm glad you're happy with the seats you got. Others should be advised that we had a lot of people on here last summer posting complaints that they bought single tickets early through Ticketmaster and asked for Best Available and paid high fees for the privilege and felt they got nothing of the sort. This was especially true for people who bought online through Ticketmaster's website. Lots of people out on the 5 yard line and stuff, while others who waited and bought through other venues or by calling later in the year got better seats. So be careful. Ticketmaster generally did not get the "best" seats. Corps, donors, and in some though not all cases, at least last year, package ticket buyers did. YMMV this year.

Edited by Peel Paint

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about everyone who is against going to LOS make a real statement to DCI by supporting the Open Class QuarterFinals in Michigan City. If you want an outdoor finals week event...this is the one to go to. Overflow attendance at this event would make a bigger impact then staying home and doing nothing. Besides, it's a great show.

and if you give me what i'll lose to take an extra vacation day, I'll gladly go.

I always supported 2/3 when it was in the same place

How about everyone who is against going to LOS make a real statement to DCI by supporting the Open Class QuarterFinals in Michigan City. If you want an outdoor finals week event...this is the one to go to. Overflow attendance at this event would make a bigger impact then staying home and doing nothing. Besides, it's a great show.

I already did that and will again. People who think open is below their standards, haven't seen most of the open corps. It is a great venue, sounds good, the people hosting it go out of their way to make your experience a great one. Hotels were cheap and the parking abundant and free.

Why does Ticketmaster have to handle the ticket sales, anyway? We have used pro stadiums many times in the past and not been subjected to Ticketmaster and the outrageous charges they tack on to every ticket-not to mention that "best available" in TM's view may not be the best available as far as I'm concerned.

Why does Ticketmaster have to handle the ticket sales, anyway? We have used pro stadiums many times in the past and not been subjected to Ticketmaster and the outrageous charges they tack on to every ticket-not to mention that "best available" in TM's view may not be the best available as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Burns: And to think, Smithers, you laughed when I bought Ticketmaster. [imitating Smithers] Nobody's going to pay a hundred-percent "service charge."

Smithers: "It's a policy that ensures a healthy mix of the rich and the ignorant, sir."

and if you give me what i'll lose to take an extra vacation day, I'll gladly go.

I always supported 2/3 when it was in the same place

I obviously do not know your situation or why you would need to take an extra vacation day...especially if you chose to do Open Class Quarterfinals only and boycott LOS. If you really wanted to support OC and the open stadium finals week opportunity, you would. Period.

Sorry to take OT...

I obviously do not know your situation or why you would need to take an extra vacation day...especially if you chose to do Open Class Quarterfinals only and boycott LOS. If you really wanted to support OC and the open stadium finals week opportunity, you would. Period.

Sorry to take OT...

And it is WELL worth it.

Sorry to take OT...

you have no idea what I do/would/can support. but thanks for playing.

however, if i do not return to LOS after this year, I'm not taking one day to go all the way there for one show. I can get much more 90 minutes from home that requires no vacation time or hotel or airline costs

you have no idea what I do/would/can support. but thanks for playing.

however, if i do not return to LOS after this year, I'm not taking one day to go all the way there for one show. I can get much more 90 minutes from home that requires no vacation time or hotel or airline costs

nm...not worth the time...

Edited by ItsOnTheField

I went to the local Ticketmaster site (Publix Grocery Store in Atlanta) & got there before 12. Had to wait in line behind a dude who was trying to

return 3 loaves of bread he bought 2 wks ago and was molded. He had no receipt and argued with the woman for almost ten minutes over $5

worth of bread. It was 12:20 by the time I got helped. She could not find the event on the computer, so she got her supervisor. I had to write out

DCI & Lucas Oil Stadium so she would understand. Then it turned out they could not sell tix to events outside the Atlanta area. While I was arguing

with them I had called the 800 # and once I got a human, the service was great. I walked back to my car and the Ticketmaster agent

pulled up the event offered the "best seat available" and I said let me tell you what section I want. He searched the section I gave him and found seats together for Qtrs in section 537, Semi's in section 140 row 11 (for my kids ageout ceremony), and Final in section 641.

He was very helpful and put me where I wanted to be.

Yes, it echoes in there, but this is my son's 6th and final year to march. I'll be there to watch him ageout no matter what.

DCIdad