Probably beat to death....

So what was the difference between her status and a full membership status? Did the members who did have full membership status get more food then her at meals, more shower time, more sleep time? :tongue:

1) She was not allowed to eat any of the Corps food. She was responsible for her own

meals on tour. If no food was available, she didn't eat that day. However, she

was allowed to drink water from a garden hose outside the facility.

2) She could not use the showers provided for members. She had to

use a creek or a lake nearby. In the case where neither was available,

the aforementioned garden hose was allowed.

3) She did get as much sleep time as the members, but it had to be at least 500

yards from away from them at all times.

Edited by madalumni

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) She was not allowed to eat any of the Corps food. She was responsible for her own

meals on tour. If no food was available, she didn't eat that day. However, she

was allowed to drink water from a garden hose outside the facility.

2) She could not use the showers provided for members. She had to

use a creek or a lake nearby. In the case where neither was available,

the aforementioned garden hose was allowed.

3) She did get as much sleep time as the members, but it had to be at least 500

yards from away from them at all times.

I heard she was towed behind the buses in a U-Haul trailer. Can you verify that?

I heard she was towed behind the buses in a U-Haul trailer. Can you verify that?

U-Haul didn't want possible liability if something

happened, so they hauled her in one of these (with a tarp in case it rained)

4204526655_3e6379fba6.jpg

All DCI corps discriminate on the basis of age.

And they all discriminate against the handicapped.

So why do people focus on the 2 that discriminate based on gender?

Women are given "reasonable accommodation" to march in DCI. Over 90% of the membership positions are open to either gender.

People over 22 are given no accommodation whatsoever in DCI. The handicapped are given very little. Either of those could be grounds for a successful lawsuit.

And they all discriminate against the handicapped.

ALL?? You are proven wrong by the deaf soprano in 82 BD, the deaf drummer who has posted here within the last year, Barbara Maroney and her missing left forearm in Garfield, the very sight-impaired tenor in 07 BD, CourtofHonorMember who is blind and still plays in the pit, and the Oregon Crusader from 07 was was in the wheelchair..and with a physical impairment that would leave most people in a crying heap.

ALL corps most certainly do NOT discriminate against the handicapped.

All DCI corps discriminate on the basis of age.

People over 22 are given no accommodation whatsoever in DCI.

Really?

If we keep pushing the bar up for age-out, it ceases to be a junior activity.

And if you are also referring to the people who are under 18/ still in high school, it is very difficult for people in college to have the maturity to perform in some of the upper tier world class corps, let alone people who haven't even graduated yet, and are still eating at home with mom on many nights. Most top corps (that I've read from their FAQ's) will make exceptions for minors, but only rarely.

U-Haul didn't want possible liability if something

happened, so they hauled her in one of these (with a tarp in case it rained)

4204526655_3e6379fba6.jpg

Makes sense. Can you enlighten me about the story that she wasn't allowed to drink from the water coolers during rehearsals, but she was allowed to retain any moisture she could absorb through her pores?

I know we've been through this before, but Suzy the flag girl has all but two of all DCI corps to march with.

The two remaining all-male corps have chosen to utilize their right to maintain their heritage and identity.

I'm always intrigued when anyone offers that those corps don't have the right to decide their own destiny.

then how did you get in? :thumbup:

ALL?? You are proven wrong by the deaf soprano in 82 BD, the deaf drummer who has posted here within the last year, Barbara Maroney and her missing left forearm in Garfield, the very sight-impaired tenor in 07 BD, CourtofHonorMember who is blind and still plays in the pit, and the Oregon Crusader from 07 was was in the wheelchair..and with a physical impairment that would leave most people in a crying heap.

ALL corps most certainly do NOT discriminate against the handicapped.

Along w/ the Bluecoat Tenor who march w/ 1/2 his foot damaged in Iraq (90?), there was a one armed soprano who marched Cavies in 81 and I believe VK had a pit member in 84 as well who were all given the opportunity to perform.

then how did you get in? :thumbup:

I had incriminating photographs of Don Warren with Golda Meir, a rhinoceros and a gallon can of purple Sherwin-Williams exterior paint (low gloss).