Probably beat to death....

And teh Girl Scouts have better cookies...

*Thin Mints...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm*

My daughter is sellin' 'em. PM me.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a concert bari or euph, and the valves were moved by actuators triggered by him...his disability kept him from moving the valves in the same manner you or I would...it also kept him from holding a marching horn, thus the concert one was used.

I didn't know about the BD connection...I know he played the National Anthem at Precision West in 07, tho. The fact that he went for BD shows how tough he was....he took what he had and ran with it as far as he could. Had he been able to march, I have no doubt he would've done great at BD....and Crusaders should be commended for not only giving him a place to perform, but making him far more than a footnote or sideshow.

I didn't realize there were actuators. When I saw OC live that year, it appeared he was playing it normally. Just watched it on the Fan Network and the closeup shows it. I doubt there was a penalty since the instrument itself wasn't changed. So was this the first use of an electronic instrument? :thumbup:

The BD info was from an interview he gave that I read (or watched).

I didn't realize there were actuators. When I saw OC live that year, it appeared he was playing it normally. Just watched it on the Fan Network and the closeup shows it. I doubt there was a penalty since the instrument itself wasn't changed. So was this the first use of an electronic instrument? :thumbup:

I remember asking if OC took a penalty for the illegal horn (not a bell-front one like the rules specify) or if a waiver was granted given the situation...I forgot the answer, tho.

Here's a pic from the vid (note the time mark, if anyone wants to watch the video)

OCbari.jpg

Edited by 84BDsop

Are you allowed to deny entry of someone into your house? For any reason? I believe you are. Would you call this "discrimination"? I don't think so. I think it's your right. So why do we even call what the Scouts and Cavies do in their private organzations as "discrimination"? It's not, in the legal sense of the term.

I side with the Cavaliers and Scouts on being all-male...but I'm surprised that someone hasnt sued yet...especially with how entitled people seem to think they are these days.

People HAVE sued fraternities and sororities for membership (among other things) but I think the courts have sided with the organization each time.

Fixed :thumbup:

Edited by Perry S