2010 Open Class Predictions

3rd&10

6/7. Spokane Thunder - If they're back, then that time with Cascades will be great for them. The whole "resurrection" theme will be a very big motivation too.

We appreciate the love, but, Thunder will not be going to Indy. We are staying on the West Coast this summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:tongue: Well here are my predictions for the 2010 Open Class!!!

#1: Blue Devils B-They are going to dominate hands down and go undefeated since Capital Regiment, SCVC, Teal Sound(World Class now) and Citations are gone.

#2:Raiders-They had all the right ingrediants but could'nt mix it all in, they will this year and understand what it takes to get the recipe right!!! They recieve sliver at finals, and take best color guard!

#3:Revolution-Being that they competed with Capital Regiment and gave them a run for the money all season long. Their hard work work will pay off and recieve bronz at finals. Powerful hornline last season, and percussion & guard will step up!!

#4:Oregan Crusaders- They miss being a powerhouse corps and will climb back up the moutain!

#5:Forte & Spartans- are going to go at it all season, they both have awesome big name staff and talented members coming from Cap Reg, Memphis Sound, and Citations. Expect them both to show up every moment they get the chance and rock the house!

#6:Velvet Knights- All that needs to be said is they will be the Classic VK we all know!!!

#7: Legends- After recieving most improved corps last year, their momentium will carry them

#8:Dutch Boy-Will surprise everyone and be the corps to cheer for. They are done being under dogs and will step up this year with improvements musically & visually. They return to finals with some redemption!

#9: Music City- Last year was their first year out and they did well! They will clean up musically & visually and get to finals

#10:7th Regiment- After an impressive season, and finals performance! 7th Regiment will build on last season and grow member wise!

#11: Spokane Thunder & Platinum-Being brand new corps Spokane Thunder & Platinum are going to go all out and show that they can hang! The members, staff, and volunteers will be pushing for a special first year out!

#12: Colt Cadets- Welcome to finals!!!!! But they would have to work hard, they improved over the course of last season

Making the cut will be but these corps get to semi finals!!!

#13:Racine Scouts- They duke it out with Colt Cadets all season, and big improvements from the past season!

#14:Les Stentors- they step it up this year

#15:Spirit from Newark, New Jersey

#16:Blue Saints

These are only predicitions and just for fun!!!! =)

:smile: Well here are my predictions for the 2010 Open Class!!!

#1: Blue Devils B-They are going to dominate hands down and go undefeated since Capital Regiment, SCVC, Teal Sound(World Class now) and Citations are gone.

#2:Raiders-They had all the right ingrediants but could'nt mix it all in, they will this year and understand what it takes to get the recipe right!!! They recieve sliver at finals, and take best color guard!

#3:Revolution-Being that they competed with Capital Regiment and gave them a run for the money all season long. Their hard work work will pay off and recieve bronz at finals. Powerful hornline last season, and percussion & guard will step up!!

#4:Oregan Crusaders- They miss being a powerhouse corps and will climb back up the moutain!

#5:Forte & Spartans- are going to go at it all season, they both have awesome big name staff and talented members coming from Cap Reg, Memphis Sound, and Citations. Expect them both to show up every moment they get the chance and rock the house!

#6:Velvet Knights- All that needs to be said is they will be the Classic VK we all know!!!

#7: Legends- After recieving most improved corps last year, their momentium will carry them

#8:Dutch Boy-Will surprise everyone and be the corps to cheer for. They are done being under dogs and will step up this year with improvements musically & visually. They return to finals with some redemption!

#9: Music City- Last year was their first year out and they did well! They will clean up musically & visually and get to finals

#10:7th Regiment- After an impressive season, and finals performance! 7th Regiment will build on last season and grow member wise!

#11: Spokane Thunder & Platinum-Being brand new corps Spokane Thunder & Platinum are going to go all out and show that they can hang! The members, staff, and volunteers will be pushing for a special first year out!

#12: Colt Cadets- Welcome to finals!!!!! But they would have to work hard, they improved over the course of last season

Making the cut will be but these corps get to semi finals!!!

#13:Racine Scouts- They duke it out with Colt Cadets all season, and big improvements from the past season!

#14:Les Stentors- they step it up this year

#15:Spirit from Newark, New Jersey

#16:Blue Saints

These are only predicitions and just for fun!!!! =)

I believe you have 14 corps in Finals. Please explain how this is possible XD

I believe you have 14 corps in Finals. Please explain how this is possible XD

For the ranks with two corps, they are either or corps who are going to make it. I meant to put Spokane Thunder or Platinum, Forte or Spartans! If that clears it up for you, but as I say these are only predicitions and suppose to be fun like we do for march madness in basketball

:tongue: Well here are my predictions for the 2010 Open Class!!!

Revo's guard came in second to Citation's. They are in the running with BDB if they stay strong this coming season, and are looking at possibly recieving high guard. 2009 Open Class recaps. If the hornline has a good turn out with the staff that is there, I see no reason for it not to be a very successful season.

#1: Blue Devils B

#2: Revolution

#3:Oregan Crusaders

#4:Raiders

#5: Music City

#6:Velvet Knights

#7: Legends

#8: Spartans

#9: Mystikal - if they make a full tour this season.

#10:7th Regiment-

#11: Dutch Boy

#12: Colt Cadets

I know the first thing than many people will say is you forgot Forte; No I have not. DCI updated the list of competing units and units under evaluation a few days. They are the only unit that is on these list that hasn't been approved yet. Open Class Corps. When they are approved my list will change. Genesis has been excluded from most of these list; though I have a feeling they won't won't make finals.

I can't find a rule book, and I really don't want to drive to a friends to get one. Can a corps under evaluation compete?

Edited by PocaFocus

For the ranks with two corps, they are either or corps who are going to make it. I meant to put Spokane Thunder or Platinum, Forte or Spartans! If that clears it up for you, but as I say these are only predicitions and suppose to be fun like we do for march madness in basketball

That still puts 14 in the top 12, unless you think Forte could make a spot and that automatically drops Spartans out of the top 12.

Also, a few posts before you we heard that Spokane is NOT going to finals. I guess that means you only really have 13 in your top 12.

None of the new corps have been approved. And Forte will be added to the 'under review' list as early as next week. DCI asked us to take care of something first and that is being done this weekend.

All the corps under review/evaluation get approved in April/May and then added to the calendar, and do compete this summer when they are approved.

This is the first year DCI has actually posted the corps evaluating on their webpage and such, and I applaud them for taking this step to help publicize corps wanting to join DCI. In previous years, there was info on other sites but not DCI, outside of a press release (maybe) stating a corps had applied.

Again, it's tough enough to get a corps on the field (and I've done it several times) without all the misinformation.

I don't know where Forte will end up competitively, but considering we've already met our contracted member goals in Percussion and Guard, and brass is getting closer each rehearsal, I am happy. New equipment and webpage coming in April, a new semi-truck, new custom-designed uniforms, some great endorsement and sponsor deals, etc. Whatever that turns into on the field, time will tell. But the members of Forte will have an amazing summer and will start the new corps off on an foundation for a successful future.

Looking forward to seeing Geneisis, Platinum and Spartans on the road to Championships, and very excited that we have Spokane Thunder back. Hopefully we'll see them at Indy in the future.

Sounds great. Where is the money coming from to finance all of these purchases?

None of the new corps have been approved. And Forte will be added to the 'under review' list as early as next week. DCI asked us to take care of something first and that is being done this weekend.

All the corps under review/evaluation get approved in April/May and then added to the calendar, and do compete this summer when they are approved.

This is the first year DCI has actually posted the corps evaluating on their webpage and such, and I applaud them for taking this step to help publicize corps wanting to join DCI. In previous years, there was info on other sites but not DCI, outside of a press release (maybe) stating a corps had applied.

Again, it's tough enough to get a corps on the field (and I've done it several times) without all the misinformation.

I don't know where Forte will end up competitively, but considering we've already met our contracted member goals in Percussion and Guard, and brass is getting closer each rehearsal, I am happy. New equipment and webpage coming in April, a new semi-truck, new custom-designed uniforms, some great endorsement and sponsor deals, etc. Whatever that turns into on the field, time will tell. But the members of Forte will have an amazing summer and will start the new corps off on an foundation for a successful future.

Looking forward to seeing Geneisis, Platinum and Spartans on the road to Championships, and very excited that we have Spokane Thunder back. Hopefully we'll see them at Indy in the future.

Same place it comes from for all corps.. a combination of dues, fundraising, grants, and donations.