Perfect Drum corps Mind

Today I was thinking, "IF I could look at the brain of the perfect drum corps member, what would it look."

I know what you're going to think what I'm talking about and someone says, "Just a normal brain." But I'm talking about the attributes of the "Perfect Member". Everyone can say, "Physically Fit" or stuff of that sort but I'm talking on the mental side of it. Drum corps to me is more mental than physical and that's saying a lot with the shows going on today.

I want you to tell me ONE attribute that you think is the highest on the list and WHY (big part) and examples if possible.

I'll start with "Rolls with the changes well". Why? Corps change their shows a lot and members have to adapt quickly to the new sections of the show that they are performing later that night. Phantom does this well, the march one show ALL year long and they do a major change during finals week.

Please keep it to ONE guys.

What other things does the "Perfect drum corps Mind" have?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disipline.

It is a waste of time if you feed information to a member that isn't willing to receive and apply it.

Example: Shaping a musical phrase.

If a player is completely overshooting the dynamic, then after receiving the necessary info, they should fix their mistake. If they choose not to do so, then they are creating wasted reps and wasted time in telling them again to fix the same thing.

The ability to not recognize pain.

:thumbup:

Retention....all the hard work and scheduling is for nothing if you have to reteach the previous days work when you're supposed to be moving on to something else.

I would definitely agree to this is incredibly important.

My biggest thing would be passion for the activity. They could have all the talent in the world, but if they don't have the passion to motivate them, it means nothing.

Ability to contribute.

Teamwork.

A true love for the activity and the corps