Allentown

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the replies. I have bought tickets from folks selling at the gate the day of the show, but, best case, would rather have tickets 'in hand' day before I make the trek (I'm in the midwest, and may fly in to Philadelphia).

Not sure if DCI, Ticketmaster, or other entity is handling the tickets (via phone). DCI seems to still be on vacation (though their phone message says they're having normal business hours as of today), and Ticketmaster can't find the event in their system. Not real thrilled with paying Ticketmaster's fees, so if it's thru someone else, that would be better.

Van

The best way is to call DCI direct. They were open today, I talked to somebody there.

I suggest you try again. If the sections you listed (G, H, I & J) are not available, I highly recommend the upper deck (sections Q, R & S).

I have permanent splinters in my butt that say otherwise.

how many years has it been since you've been to allentown?? i didnt know metal splintered...

i would agree with not a bad seat! there are times where a friend and i would meet up and watch a couple shows from the top near the concessions on a corner and you can still see fine, and the sound is just fine, maybe better than the first 15 rows(unless you like getting you face blown off) just a little off timing wise

Folks looking for tickets already? Gonna be a great season!

An "Inside the Forty" tip:

First, call DCI directly. They may have a few great tickets left!

Second, check the MARKETPLACE in a few months. People who have extra tickets will sell them there!

Third, after doing the above, contact me via e-mail. I can help!

Have a great Summer!

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

Buy cheap tickets at the gate, then bring a blanket and sit on the grassy hill next to the upper deck.

Maestro has a good approach. His scheme is doable, albeit a little steep!

It probably is too late to get a prime (inside the 30s) Allentown seat through regular channels. Buying outside the gate IS rather easy every year. The reality is this, Allentown is something not to be missed. It's a "throw-back" for sure, but if you haven't done it, you haven't experienced the "whole" of drum corps.

Yes, you can purchase a General Admission ticket, stand at the goal line (between the upper and lower level) and ENJOY the event. Also check out the atmosphere on the street and park area outside the stadium. Special.

Second, check the MARKETPLACE in a few months. People who have extra tickets will sell them there!

Have a great Summer!

Ron Gunn

Can I contact/e-mail you know, save myself the time & energy?

:shutup:

Have a great Summer!

Ron Gunn

I've been using method 3 since the early 90's :) I can't tell you how many times Ron hooked me up with a great ticket in front of the stadium before showtime.

If all else fails show up at the gate an hour or so early and you can almost always find someone selling an extra seat in a prime location. Just know in advance which sections to look for.

*edit* and I agree with some of the above posts that Allentown is perhaps THE show to see other than Finals night - it has an atmosphere and tradition unlike any other venue. Plan to arrive early and hang out in the park across the street where there will be tons of tailgating and drumlines warming up all around.

Edited by Super Don-O

Maestro has a good approach. His scheme is doable, albeit a little steep!

It probably is too late to get a prime (inside the 30s) Allentown seat through regular channels. Buying outside the gate IS rather easy every year. The reality is this, Allentown is something not to be missed. It's a "throw-back" for sure, but if you haven't done it, you haven't experienced the "whole" of drum corps.

Yes, you can purchase a General Admission ticket, stand at the goal line (between the upper and lower level) and ENJOY the event. Also check out the atmosphere on the street and park area outside the stadium. Special.

Everyone -- thanks so much for the advice. I called DCI today and purchased tickets in section J. Was told that should be around the 40.

I've followed drum corps for 25+ years, but I have never been to Allentown. As long as I can get a cheap enough flight there (Philly? from St. Louis), I'm good to go.

Again, much thanks on all the advice on getting tickets to this show.

Van

Everyone -- thanks so much for the advice. I called DCI today and purchased tickets in section J. Was told that should be around the 40.

I've followed drum corps for 25+ years, but I have never been to Allentown. As long as I can get a cheap enough flight there (Philly? from St. Louis), I'm good to go.

Again, much thanks on all the advice on getting tickets to this show.

Van

Philly is an option...about a 90 minute ride from the airport, but check out ABE airport as well..thats more like a 20 minute drive