2010 Drum Corps Summer

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CitBos,

Can't believe you forgot about BAC's home show in Lawrence the first week in August!!! :tongue:

Oh yea... Well, the past few (eight, actually) I haven't been able to go to the Lawrence show because I've been on tour, and we didn't do that show. So that's why I forgot about it.

Or the show in Manchester, NH.

And I don't know how I could have forgot this one. We've done it every year for the past few years.

:music::ph34r::cool:

CitBos, the Lawrence show has been extremely well attended the last several years, and along with BAC usually features at least three top 12 corps. (Plus, the stadium is almost brand new). You should check it out this summer! :tongue:

I'll be at Gadsden then Murfreesboro then Atalanta. Haven't decided on the DC show yet. Anyway, the Murfreesboro show is the top 8, determined by the average of the scores at the end of competition the week before (except for last year of course). I wish they would make this show the top 12. Make for a nice long evening of Drum Corps :tongue:

CitBos, the Lawrence show has been extremely well attended the last several years, and along with BAC usually features at least three top 12 corps. (Plus, the stadium is almost brand new). You should check it out this summer! :tongue:

I might since I'm not marching this year. :ph34r:

It helps to check the DCI Schedule from time to time. There are sometimes changes and additions in the Spring (even early summer).

http://www.dci.org/schedule/

That's the address for the DCI schedule.

There is a partial schedule posted for DCA also!

Go to www.dcacorps.org to see it.

Have a great summer!

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

For those of you who intend to fly to Indy this year, I did a little research and found some very good airfares available on Southwest Airlines website. For some sample prices, check my post on travel in this forum. Also be sure to check the prices and policies on their website by clicking the link below. Once you get there, click Book Travel to get pricing information on specific flights!

Visit Southwest Airlines website.

See you in Indy!

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

July 20 - Edmond, OK.

July 21 - Broken Arrow, OK.

July 22 - Dallas, TX.

July 23 - Dallas, TX.

I might make it to Edmond, OK on July 20. Dallas is a definate. See you there? I am staying a national chain Hotel near the closest Interstate interchange to the Stadium. Very convenient, nice property, very nice rooms and affordable! I get off the Greyhound downtown, walk 2 blocks to the train station, take a train to the station nearest the Stadium, walk 2 blocks from that station, and I am at the Hotel! To get to the show, I walk 2 blocks to the train station, get the number 583 bus to Church Street and walk the 2 blocks to the Stadium!

It would be great to have some more drum corps fans staying there! I have been there, alone, for the past 5 years! I guess it is a secret? If anyone is interested, contact me for details.

Ron Gunn

Edited by INSIDETHEFORTY

This is straight from the DCI Schedule Page for 8/1-8/7!

August 5 - Rome, NY Drums Along the Mohawk

August 5 - West Chester, PA Music in Motion

August 6 - Allentown, PA DCI Eastern Classic

August 6 - Lawrence, MA East Coast Classic

August 6 - Greendale, WI Music on the March

August 7 - Belding, MI Silk City Rhythms

August 7 - Allentown, PA DCI Eastern Classic

As you can see, there have definately been some changes! But wait, there's more!

From the Page for 8/8-8/14

August 8 - Clifton, NJ Music in Motion-New Jersey

August 8 - Dubuque, IA Music on the March 2

August 8 - Buffalo, NY Drums Along the Waterfront

August 8 - Dayton, OH The Dayton Summer Classic

August 9 - Toledo, OH Summer Showcase

Looks like Giant's Stadium is out! The competition will now be held in West Chester, PA, the same as last year. The West Chester show after Allentown has changed to Clifton, NJ!

I have had to make some changes in my schedule, again. It's always like this. Revisions are a monthly thing until the season is underway. Gotta love it!

Ron Gunn