Carolina Crown

I thought this would be a good place to start one forum for all of the info that will be coming out in the next couple of weeks.

Here are two links you might enjoy:

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/187/story/948413.html

http://www.cn2.com/web/guest/home - scroll down in the story area on the right and find the video on 1/6

REMEMBER the voting starts on 1/15 and ends on 1/22. VOTE FOR ALL 4 CORPS! Crown, Regiment, Cavaliers and Legion Aires (dba The Colts).

With the help of the drum corps community it would be great for all for corps to win at least the $100k prizes.

- WE NEED YOUR HELP! And after you vote, get as many friends as you can to vote also.

- Believe it or not, based on our office research, all 4 corps have a TREMENDOUS chance at this money!

- You can go to www.carolinacrown.org and click on the CrownVOTE icon to pledge your vote now and we will email you when the voting starts!

Edited by njthundrrd

Testify, people! If you love drum corps, you'll get the word out.

Sorry Crown and others as much as I love Drum Corps, I don't see an organization that kid's have to pay a fee to march with, worthy of this kind of an award. I would rather see the money go to an organization that feed's the poor and is trying to come up with a cure for cancer.

Sorry Crown and others as much as I love Drum Corps, I don't see an organization that kid's have to pay a fee to march with, worthy of this kind of an award. I would rather see the money go to an organization that feed's the poor and is trying to come up with a cure for cancer.

So colleges shouldn't receive grants either? Students there pay tuition.

Music is a pretty powerful thing.... and for some people, what we do for young people to expose them to excellence, be it drum corps, winter guard, indoor percussion, dance classes, percussion symposiums, supporting schools that cannot afford instruments, inner city choirs, honor bands, leadership clinics, jazz band performances and getting the best adjudicators we can find and afford for them...is what we eat, breathe and sleep. Most of the corps reach outside of what you see in the summer time. It's sad that people don't see that music education is being cut from our schools and the negative affect it will have on young people. There are schools in our area who's music programs survive solely on band parent organizations! Cancer and Feeding the Poor? Great causes and worthy of your vote! Music? To some of us it is why we get up every morning...

Here is my motto, "Live to serve others and create happiness and you will be rewarded!"

You can use your votes however you would want to... if you would like to give all of them to causes that you deem more worthy then supporting music and non-profit organizations doing everything possible to make this experience affordable for those that want to peruse it, when the price of providing them that experience goes up every year? Then that is your right. Peace.

You get five votes. You can vote for one of those organizations, as well.

Plus, imagine how much less tour fees could be if this kind of money was available to a corps.

By the way, just checked the Chase Community Giving app page on Facebook. They've delayed releasing the Big Ideas for Round 2 until Monday (1/11/2010), so be sure to check then and see what our corps have sent in.

Although I'm sure you wont get a popular vote here I would have to agree and I literally was born into our activity. Alot of people need help now and Cancer research needs to be one of the top of the list items for funding. Music is such and important thing, to me anyway, and far greater than supporting alot fewer kids say on a football team but as much as we can all be touched in our everyday lives with music we are all touched in someway by say Cancer or poverty. JMO

Don't need and argument like I said JMO

HERE IS OUR BIG IDEA!

IMAGINE IF EVERY DCP FAN HELP EACH OF THE 4 CORPS WITH A SINGLE VOTE?

http://www.carolinacrown.org/web/index.php...&Itemid=498

Every Drum Corps Fan, Simply do this:

VOTE 4 THE DRUM CORPS + ONE More Charity of your choice

Then tell your friends, to infinity and beyond . . .

4corpsvote.jpg