Chase results are in

Great idea. Most of us have a fifth vote to use, and what a great cause to use it on!

I voted!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at some of the numbers for other charities. Invisible Children is running away with the vote. They're up over 8000 votes. So all you DCPers. Please vote for all 4 corps. It would be awesome if each of them could win the $100,000.

Yeah! Lets knock the current 2-5 out!

Drum corps is obviously more important than providing education assistance to third world countries, helping children with developmental disorders, curing a disease that kills babies, and helping out underfunded schools

Seriously?

Opportunities like this are rare; it's not about which cause is more important than other. To me, it's about supporting somethat I deeply believe in and something that I think changes lives. When I vote for the 4 Drum Corps, I'm not saying Drum Corps is more important than cancer, underfunded schools, improving the developing the world, or preventing suicide. It's about supporting what you believe in. Imagine how freaking incredible this world would be if everyone supported what they felt called to do? ALL issues would get addressed.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

-- Harold Whitman

Yeah! Lets knock the current 2-5 out!

Drum corps is obviously more important than providing education assistance to third world countries, helping children with developmental disorders, curing a disease that kills babies, and helping out underfunded schools

Thanks Matt, Terri, Fred, SFZFAN (maybe not your real name? :-) ) and anyone else who has voted. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that (as, I'm sure the families we are able to help bring back home are as well).

If you want to learn about how you can help us attract more votes (easy steps and language for copying and pasting included) please visit www.4nola.org/facebook

Thanks again!

- Matt

Hi! I think I may have posted this in a less efficient spot the first time. Sorry for anyone who is getting this a second time. Fortunately, it's for a pretty great cause. :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

My name is Matt Haines. I am a former Cadet (drum major in 2004, asst. director in 2005), as well as a former staff member of the Troopers and Capital Regiment. I'm so excited to see that four drum corps are in the final round (and doing really well!).

I'm not suggesting you don't vote for all four drum corps if that's where you want to see the funding go. They've got great, creative ideas on what to do with the award and, as a former music major/drum corps participant, I absolutely appreciate what the arts can do for those who directly participate, those who are in the audience, and the world as a whole.

I'm writing because, I'd like for you to consider giving the organization I work for, The St. Bernard Project, your fifth vote. http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...post&ref=mf

Located in New Orleans, we rebuild homes for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina. In New Orleans today, nearly four and a half years after the storm, roughly 10,000 individuals are still crowded into temporary housing; 12,000 remain homeless (double the pre-Katrina number); and countless others are scattered around the country hoping to one day return to their home. There are hardworking families here who are trying to get home...they just need a little help.

With the assistance of volunteers and donors from around the country, the St. Bernard Project is trying to be that help. Since March 2006, we have returned 258 families back into their storm-damaged homes. With this funding we can do the following:

- rebuild 100 more homes for the survivors of Hurricane Katrina;

- create 21 new construction jobs each year for returned war veterans;

- add 2,000 hours to our Center for Wellness and Mental Health (a HUGE issue in post-disaster areas) for 300 new clients

As we've seen in New Orleans before, and as we're seeing in Haiti right now, the disaster relief system is something we need to invest in. Nobody should have to live the way some of our clients live. With your help we can continue to correct this solvable problem. Thanks in advance for your support.

Please vote for the St. Bernard Project at http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiv...post&ref=mf

Sincerely,

Matt Haines

Are the corps charities really that shallow? I think the money will be going to GREAT causes. I want to help support something I truly do believe in, and that is the power of music. Which is one of the most important things in the world to me. In a society where the arts are disappearing at THE WORST time ever, we need to support the arts as much as possible!!!

anyone else having a problem with the application loading, etc?

nm... doesn't seem to want to work in firefox. got it working in safari.

update: working poorly in safari... only loads pages half the time, and seems to be confused as to whether or not i actually voted, doesn't always show me the confirmation page....

Try Google Chrome... unless you are already done.... facebook apps are always weird though... I personally think it is a facebook issue.

This is interesting...

from The Cavaliers website:

"The Cavaliers are teaming up with The Colts, Crown and Regiment to make sure if one wins, the others still get grant funds. For example, if The Cavaliers win a $100,000 grant, then we would give $10k to each of the others."

Classy for sure!

Are the corps charities really that shallow? I think the money will be going to GREAT causes. I want to help support something I truly do believe in, and that is the power of music. Which is one of the most important things in the world to me. In a society where the arts are disappearing at THE WORST time ever, we need to support the arts as much as possible!!!

I'm sure that a music ensemble getting a million dollars will be a great comfort to children in third world countries who don't have clean water to drink.