Chase results are in

This is interesting...

from The Cavaliers website:

"The Cavaliers are teaming up with The Colts, Crown and Regiment to make sure if one wins, the others still get grant funds. For example, if The Cavaliers win a $100,000 grant, then we would give $10k to each of the others."

Classy for sure!

That's a great idea. I'm voting for them, but I wish they would have formed together at the start to have one entry, and if they won, they'd split the winnings evenly. That would be most efficient and would give them a greater chance of winning. It's good to see them sharing like this, though. Good luck to all 4 of you!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that a music ensemble getting a million dollars will be a great comfort to children in third world countries who don't have clean water to drink.

Then why donate to corps at all? If it's not right for this particular money to go to drum corps, why is it okay for any other donations to go to them?

That's a great idea. I'm voting for them, but I wish they would have formed together at the start to have one entry, and if they won, they'd split the winnings evenly. That would be most efficient and would give them a greater chance of winning. It's good to see them sharing like this, though. Good luck to all 4 of you!

That wasn't an option. Only 501c3s were allowed to participate.

I'm sure that a music ensemble getting a million dollars will be a great comfort to children in third world countries who don't have clean water to drink.

This is getting absurd....if you dont want to vote for a corps, then dont, but stop trying to 'guilt' others into your way of thinking. If you really felt that strongly about it, you would stop wasting time posting on this message board, and go work for the peace corps, or the red cross in haiti. You would never see a corps show again, never donate money to a corps, or buy a souvie, because all that money could be better spent elsewhere. And you know what...you would be right, those are better causes. While we're at it, lets force all these football players who are going to make $10,000 per minute they play today donate all their money to these charities as well, because football is stupid, and people dont have clean water to drink. If you happen to respond to this, I'll go ahead and assume that you didnt take me up on the offer :thumbup:

Btw...i'm probably not going to vote for the corps either...maybe 1, if that, but you wont see me on here trying to tell people what to do with their money (in this case, the 'capital' being votes).

Then why donate to corps at all? If it's not right for this particular money to go to drum corps, why is it okay for any other donations to go to them?

Bingo. All sports, entertainment, and recreational activities should immediately cease and desist, and all the proceeds should go to more worthy causes. I mean if you're going to draw the line, why not go all the way?? :thumbup:

This is getting absurd....if you dont want to vote for a corps, then dont, but stop trying to 'guilt' others into your way of thinking.

There are enough people trying to convince everyone to vote for the drum corps that I don't see the problem with providing the other side of the argument.

If you really felt that strongly about it, you would stop wasting time posting on this message board, and go work for the peace corps, or the red cross in haiti.

And if the other people in this thread felt so strongly about drum corps they would all quit their jobs and volunteer for drum corps all the time. This is a ridiculous statement.

You would never see a corps show again, never donate money to a corps, or buy a souvie, because all that money could be better spent elsewhere. And you know what...you would be right, those are better causes. While we're at it, lets force all these football players who are going to make $10,000 per minute they play today donate all their money to these charities as well, because football is stupid, and people dont have clean water to drink. If you happen to respond to this, I'll go ahead and assume that you didnt take me up on the offer :thumbup:

Sure, it is a slippery slope, I have often questioned how I can live with myself having so many luxuries and comforts while other people out there suffer, and I realize that the line has to be drawn somewhere. I just can't imagine how the line can be set so far back that when given the choice between a 2 minute effort that could go towards things that really matter in the world and summer marching band that summer marching band wins out.

And if the other people in this thread felt so strongly about drum corps they would all quit their jobs and volunteer for drum corps all the time. This is a ridiculous statement.

Other people aren't going around saying that if you don't volunteer to help a corps, you're not contributing to society or worse yet, hurting society. That's precisely the argument you're making regarding voting for a corps over a "real charity." So that argument doesn't fly.

Other people aren't going around saying that if you don't volunteer to help a corps, you're not contributing to society or worse yet, hurting society. That's precisely the argument you're making regarding voting for a corps over a "real charity." So that argument doesn't fly.

Well said Dave!