20,000 Attend Blue Knights January Camp

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I am right but that is not the point.

I don't think the Blue Knights would purposely cause a controversy by intentionally using an offensive image. I am merely pointing out that the t-shirt is offensive to many and it would have been a better choice not to have had it in their video.

-kg

Agree. Not only was Che Guevara a mass murderer that killed thousands of opponents without benefit of trial. His tyranny allowed no freedoms of speech, religion, assembly, press, etc.

Not only that, Che Guevara was an unapolgetic racist. He hated blacks. One can not read his writings without the unmistakeable conclusion of that. He was a worse racist than David Duke or any Ku Klux Klan member.

Che has been romantized by elements of the Far Left today. But this is akin to the Far Right Neo Nazi's wearing pictures of Hitler on their T shirts. Of course it is offensive. No knowledgable person of history and of the murderous thuggery of Che Guevara would find anything of redeeming quality about him and his Communist ilk.

Edited by BRASSO

Ok lets talk about the music now? :thumbup:

Okay, moderator time . . .

from the DCP Community Guidelines:

Posting Guidelines: Members shall not post --

--any reference to material considered political or religious in nature

Yes, I know it's hard to ignore the shirt. I realize that's probably not going to sit well with the discussion thus far in the thread. But, in order to not go off topic regarding what is . . .shirts aside . . .a thread about BK's January camp, I ask that you please try to not bring political overtones into this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

/end moderator spiel

. . .now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :thumbup:

Okay, moderator time . . .

from the DCP Community Guidelines:

Yes, I know it's hard to ignore the shirt. I realize that's probably not going to sit well with the discussion thus far in the thread. But, in order to not go off topic regarding what is . . .shirts aside . . .a thread about BK's January camp, I ask that you please try to not bring political overtones into this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation.

/end moderator spiel

. . .now, back to your regularly scheduled thread. :thumbup:

Fair enough. What was shown, was shown, and a few of us responded to what we saw. I agree,time to move off that now. Blue Knights appear to be having a good camp. I like the clip.

Isn't there a long diatribe in here about whether music is directing the development of the visual, or if everything starts with visual? Seems Sully couldn't have been more clear (a thread cross with intensive purposes) that BK's music is determining their visual program. :thumbup:

I realize this thread got hijacked quickly with Marc's shirt and all, but isn't what he said the really BIG point of the video?

Does he get a pass because of who he is?

Why isn't BK consistently held up as a visual/music package done right? Consistently, as in, everybody knows, like BD horns, and Cadets' drill.

Edited by garfield

Che was kind to puppies and he had a rollicking sense of humor; especially when it came to whoopee cushions.

Because people can change.

hurray.gif