DCI changed for the better?

I answered a post a few seconds ago about what makes corps better. I don't think they are. I think they are all great. No matter what year. We all had our moments. My question is..............What makes drum corps LESS popular TODAY(era that is) than it was??????? That seems to be the biggest problem.

Edited by Jimisback

i think you can see the thread about the Hops blog post for those answers

i think you can see the thread about the Hops blog post for those answers

Yep, And most say it is not as entertaining. Too much dancing with NO reason behind it. And people can't follow the show. Well if you can't follow the show, it is not entertaining. The stupid dancing that means nothing, is confusing and means nothing to most people. If we fix those two things it would be much better IMHO.

I don't think so. This is why it has gotten so unpopular, Not why people don't like what changes there have been.

The answer is simple: Less corps, less shows, less alumni, and therefore less fans. None of which, by the way, is DCI's fault. The society that supported these things has disappeared.

..or, the dreaded OR, DCI left it's hard (Corps) base in search of greener pastures and has been burned by it. I mean, once the local circuits were gone for the smaller corps it was all over but the fat lady singing....and she's sings on the field today as per new rules! Whether DCI killed it or not, is up for debate, but apparently it hasn't done much to help it.