Teal Sound 2010

Congrats Randy!

Best of luck this season. Hope to see you on the road somewhere.....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it looks like it's better to march horn with Cascades cause there is no charge for horn members.

Maybe you were being sarcastic but I was trying to indicate a range. The cost for brass members fell between the guard and percussion.

Does anyone know why some corps charge different amounts for different sections? I would think that maybe part of the cost is an equipment fee, and each section has a different equipment fee. Or it might be a uniform fee, where the guard of every corps normally gets new uniforms each year. Any one know for sure? :sad::ph34r:

:lol:

Many corps indicated that the guard may have a slightly higher cost due to the yearly change of uniform and equipment but did not give exact numbers. Frankly, I was surprised that Cascades and Madison were lower for the guard than for other sections.

Continued interest in membership is going very well to date. We are still looking for the following areas to fill:

Baritones/Euphs

Mellophones

Tenors

Lead/Rhythm Guitarists

Bass Guitarists

Synth Players

Anyone that may be interested in any of these sections, please contact info@tealsound.org or be at camp this coming weekend!

Quote: "Lead/Rhythm Guitarists, Bass Guitarists"

Another meTEALlica show?

Check out the website to see what Teal is doing this season!!!

Maybe you were being sarcastic but I was trying to indicate a range. The cost for brass members fell between the guard and percussion.

Yes I was, since that was the only one you specified 2 sections and not the third. all others it was just a total cost and then a guard cost.

Continued interest in membership is going very well to date. We are still looking for the following areas to fill:

Baritones/Euphs

Mellophones

Tenors

Lead/Rhythm Guitarists

Bass Guitarists

Synth Players

Anyone that may be interested in any of these sections, please contact info@tealsound.org or be at camp this coming weekend!

:blink::worthy::blink::worthy:

:tongue:

:tongue:

:wall:

:blink:

I'm just wondering, what did drum corps' provide to members during the summer back in the 1970s, 80s, and before the 70s, is it the same they do now, or less? Or more?

I'm aware that most corps today provide housing, food, transportation, instruments, instruction, and some degree of medical insurance or medical supervision. Not sure if that was the case back in the day,

for the record though I'm not sure inflation is the single cost contributor, since $400 in 1979 = $1,245.60 this year.