Madison Scouts 2010

Cop

My fervent wish, regardless of the music, or the drill, is that they have a guard uniform this year I can wrap my head around.

I just pray that the boys come up with a good poster, otherwise, seasons over.

Thread bleed. :thumbup:

My fervent wish, regardless of the music, or the drill, is that they have a guard uniform this year I can wrap my head around.

As opposed to costumes that could be cut into strips and wrapped around the head like a Brett Michaels bandana? I trust the guard apparel this year is going to be most appropriate for the revived image of the corps. I can barely wait until I can drive to Madison to see their show live on June 26. From what I've been hearing, it's going to be a joyous (and relief-filled) event for everyone who loves the corps.

Any narration is overdone.....

G

As well as forming 1930 more than once in a show about 1930...never would have figured that one out on my own! YOWZA!

What???? The narration overdone???? There was hardly any narration at all in 2005! Some knockout drag down drumspeak, the beginning to Machine, and the text in the beginning...probably not even 30 seconds of words--I could see complaints about 2008, but 2005 rocked and highly appropriate to the show.

Basically I agree with G. If you have to explain the story to me, then you're not doing a very good job of showing me the story, eh? Even a little narration is too much, as far as I'm concerned. (Not to mention how badly the amplified voice clashes with the overall acoustic sound produced by the corps. Even my husband, who is a novice to drum corps, found it jarring and didn't much care for it.)

Of course, that's my opinion. As I said earlier, we all have 'em. And we don't all have to agree.

Edited by byline

As well as forming 1930 more than once in a show about 1930...never would have figured that one out on my own! YOWZA!

It doesnt take a microphone to make a form on a field, it takes human exertion and skill, anyone with a voice can blab into a microphone.......

FYWW

G

As opposed to costumes that could be cut into strips and wrapped around the head like a Brett Michaels bandana? I trust the guard apparel this year is going to be most appropriate for the revived image of the corps. I can barely wait until I can drive to Madison to see their show live on June 26. From what I've been hearing, it's going to be a joyous (and relief-filled) event for everyone who loves the corps.

Michael,

What guard uniform! If they hold true to the 1981 image to a "T." If so, I am all for them wearing the company uni! That would truly be uniform. :thumbup: