Your Corps Experience

Your Corps Experience  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Did you, or do you plan to, march Open(DivII,III) class prior to World(Div I) class?

• YES (prior to 1978)
    • NO (prior to 1978)
    • YES (1978 - 1995)
    • NO (1978 - 1995)
    • YES (after 1995)
    • NO (after 1995)
  2. 2. How many total years did you march drum corps?

• 1 Year (started before 1978)
    • 2 Years (started prior to 1978)
    • 3 Years (started prior to 1978)
    • 4 Years (started prior to 1978)
    • 5+ Years (started prior to 1978)
    • 1 Year (started 1978 - 1995)
    • 2 Years (started 1978 - 1995)
    • 3 Years (started 1978 - 1995)
    • 4 Years (started 1978 - 1995)
    • 5+ Years (started 1978 - 1995)
    • 1 Year (started after1995)
    • 2 Years (started after 1995)
    • 3 Years (started after 1995)
    • 4 Years (started after 1995)
    • 5+ Years (started after 1995)
  3. 3. Did you march the same corps all years?

• YES (prior to 1978)
    • NO (prior to 1978)
    • YES (1978 - 1995)
    • NO (1978 - 1995)
    • YES (after 1995)
    • NO (after 1995)
    • If NO was due to your corp folding, click this answer also.

Just a poll to find out marching experience. Not really scientific. Please pay attention to the years in the answers. The eras are selected based on my own personal feelings of different times of drum corps and general lifestyle of the country and nothing to do with rules or instrument changes.

If you marched a DCA corps prior to a DCI World corps, answer yes to the "Open prior to World" question.

I am most interested in comparing multiple years of marching to whether someone marched an Open(Div II,III) before a World(Div I) corps; and multiple years of marching and if it was with the same corps. The corps itself is irrelevant for this purpose.

Thanks for your answers and responses.

Edit: I suppose I should also add that I am looking for responses from only those that have marched or are planning to march in the World(Div I) class. Which is why I posted it in the World Class forum.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

Edit: I suppose I should also add that I am looking for responses from only those that have marched or are planning to march in the World(Div I) class. Which is why I posted it in the World Class forum.

:ph34r:

Hey CitBos,

Your signature goes directly to the heart of what I am asking in the poll. Nice! I am not intending to shun or leave out Open class, I am just asking about World class right now. Open will be later.

Edited by MiniSopGuy

I did my best to respond to the poll, although the structure made it confusing for someone who marched Div. III from '94-'95, corps folded, then marched '96-'00 with a Div. I corps.

so far the recent marchers have been the most dedicated to 1 corps

probably not what people were expecting.

LOTS of kids moved around back in my day. Most of the Cadets in my years came from smaller local corps around the NJ/NY metro area. I marched three myself between 64-72...a parade corps, a class 'B' field corps and then Garfield.

Would also be useful to correlate responses to respondents. But as you say, this is hardly a scientifically valid survey.

I started in all age corps, did that for 2 years. Marched in a different corps 2nd year because of traveling, 3.5 hours every weekend was rough, went to a more local DCA corps. I'm marching world class now in my 2nd year and intend on aging out with this corps in 2011. Then maybe going back to all age corps, we'll see how my knees feel.

I think DCA corps get a more local member group that tend to not "corps hop" as much, many people I met were in that corps for many years.

I've met about an equal amount of people that did and didn't march open class prior to world class.

just my perspective