Bobby Knight

Anyone remember which year Bobby Knight made his comments about the endurance and athletic ability of MMs?

Also, does anyone remember other vignettes that display the athletic ability of MMs? I've already got the cardio test of the Star quad player and John Hord's Gulf War/Bluecoats piece. Can you think of any others that might be on the Legacy collection?

I'm putting together a piece on the physical demands and could use the input.

Thanks!

Aside-

As a Purdue grad, my young daughter (now married) was wondering why I was yelling at the TV during an IU-Purdue basketball game. She asked -"Why don't they like the man in the red sweater?" I said, "Because he is the Antichrist".

So when we were visiting her maternal grandparents in Bloomington, she told her (full professor at IU) grandfather when she saw Bobby Knight's picture in the paper "My Daddy says he is the Antichrist."

Wife was not pleased.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year’s defending champions are the Blue Devils from Concord, Calif., who scored 98.4 out of a possible 100 last year. The jazz-oriented Blue Devils are a dynasty in their “sport”—they have won six times since 1986.

That part made me lol.

Anyone remember which year Bobby Knight made his comments about the endurance and athletic ability of MMs?

knight1.jpeg

When I was interviewing for my first professional position, I kept a drum corps "press kit" to explain to potential employers how I spent the summer months (versus working internships).

The SI article did seem to add some legitimacy.

Edited by seanconley

Mr. John Hord - "Semper Fi", Marine !

The fact that John stepped forward when he was needed, does not surprise me one bit.

First of all, that's what Marines do.

Second, that's what drum corps people do.

:w00t:

Hord was a Bluecoat alum prior to joining the Marines, so it wasn't like he was a total rookie....however, marching with his injuries....#### impressive.

There are a couple of Yootube vids that show the kinesology study...from 93 (Star tenor) and 05 (Cavies tenor)

I'll PM you the links I can find.

Also, does anyone remember other vignettes that display the athletic ability of MMs? I've already got the cardio test of the Star quad player and John Hord's Gulf War/Bluecoats piece. Can you think of any others that might be on the Legacy collection?

I'm putting together a piece on the physical demands and could use the input.

Thanks!

IF DCI wants to compare and align themselves in what they do to college sports and college athletes, fine.

Just don't get bent out of shape if these " athletes " are booed on a few rare occasions, that's all. Otherwise, some of us will simply utter..... " well..... duh "

Edited by BRASSO