Cleanest show from the past decade regardless of score?

I thought that Cavaliers 2006 was pretty clean, personally.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One that I think no one else has mentioned yet.....

Cadets 2003

It's very difficult to find a mistake in that one... especially in the drumline.

I know of a few :tongue:

Not in the drumline obviously.....

I know of a few :tongue:

Not in the drumline obviously.....

You make it sound like all the mistakes were constantly happening around you... Every show has mistakes, especially when you marched it.

Here's why 05 Cadets gets my vote... and it's not because I marched it, We were constantly moving that show, say what you want to say about the show itself, the only part of that show that was below 186 was the ballad and we certainly covered some ground. Some very very physical stuff from all sections and it still looked and sounded great.

03 Cadets was extremely clean too but it's hard to see that next to 03 Devils, especially after following 02 Cavies. I mean come to think of it, the performance of the 2000's was really quite stellar across the board.

You make it sound like all the mistakes were constantly happening around you... Every show has mistakes, especially when you marched it.

Here's why 05 Cadets gets my vote... and it's not because I marched it, We were constantly moving that show, say what you want to say about the show itself, the only part of that show that was below 186 was the ballad and we certainly covered some ground. Some very very physical stuff from all sections and it still looked and sounded great.

03 Cadets was extremely clean too but it's hard to see that next to 03 Devils, especially after following 02 Cavies. I mean come to think of it, the performances of the 2000's was really quite stellar across the board.

I agree. Not only did the decade push the envelope from a design stand point, but corps redefined what "clean" really is. The fact that there is so much debate on deciding who was cleanest (and the fact that three corps scored above a 99) really indicates how well groups are performing. Add to that how many non-Champion corps are getting mentioned (Cavaliers 03, Cadets 03, BD 04, etc) and you have a pretty impressive decade execution wise.

Bluecoats 2008!

Oh, i agree...and when you march in a corps like the cadets (or most corps for that matter), you're taught to be pretty picky about your performance. In years like 03 and 05, those things stick out in my mind because everything else was so good. In a year like 06, so many things never clicked that they're hardly worth remembering. I, for one, feel like having that special guest conductor for 2 or 3 reps of the ballad that one day in Westminster really screwed our season up and cost us a chance to win. :tongue::devil:

hardy har har... haha. I wasn't a special guest. I was the only person available. ha I totally forgot about that till now, probably the scariest moment in my life when Gino was like "get on the podium we don't have a drum major right". Who would have thought that day would come.