Empire in CA?

for all that may be interested: It was planed for each member to pay for their own flight to California, NOT The Empire Statesmen Drum Corps. We were more than ready to fulfill that commitment. And yes, maybe at another time things will work out for everyone involved to bring this trip to fruition.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for all that may be interested: It was planed for each member to pay for their own flight to California, NOT The Empire Statesmen Drum Corps. We were more than ready to fulfill that commitment. And yes, maybe at another time things will work out for everyone involved to bring this trip to fruition.
Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see how the 'Gades not coming East would have any impact on Empire going West if Empire chose to AND could afford to. Seems as though the whole thing is being laid on the 'Gades....

Maybe it's just me, but I fail to see how the 'Gades not coming East would have any impact on Empire going West if Empire chose to AND could afford to. Seems as though the whole thing is being laid on the 'Gades....

You don't seem to understand what has happened.

We had this whole deal and it sounded great. Eventually though, like usually, it looks better on paper.

The economy is pretty bad, here we can all agree. We were going to take care of each other. Renegades come east and we take care of them (Pay for food, housing, etc) then we fly west and they do the same for us.

Paying for housing and such is pretty expensive. Bus prices alone would be ridiculous. It's just not going to happen right now.

Every member of the Statesmen would have to pay around 300 dollars to fly to Cali. If we didn't have to pay for buses and everything else required to house a drum corps for a week, then we would have gone!

Long story short: Not going to happen this year. Plus we have brand new uniforms to pay for :tongue:

You don't seem to understand what has happened.

We had this whole deal and it sounded great. Eventually though, like usually, it looks better on paper.

The economy is pretty bad, here we can all agree. We were going to take care of each other. Renegades come east and we take care of them (Pay for food, housing, etc) then we fly west and they do the same for us.

Paying for housing and such is pretty expensive. Bus prices alone would be ridiculous. It's just not going to happen right now.

Every member of the Statesmen would have to pay around 300 dollars to fly to Cali. If we didn't have to pay for buses and everything else required to house a drum corps for a week, then we would have gone!

Long story short: Not going to happen this year. Plus we have brand new uniforms to pay for :tongue:

Based on your post, it would seem that both the 'Gades AND Empire deemed the trip not economically feasible at this time. Wasn't so much the problem that the 'Gades broke the "agreement". Edited by VOReason

Based on your post, it would seem that both the 'Gades AND Empire deemed the trip not economically feasible at this time. Wasn't so much the problem that the 'Gades broke the "agreement".

We both dropped the trip. Don't try to make us look like ******* because we called it off. It had to be done.

I'm interested in why YOUR so interested in this.......like always?

Anyways time for bed. Camp tomorrow :tongue:

We both dropped the trip. Don't try to make us look like ******* because we called it off. It had to be done.

didn't mean to ruffle feathers...just seemed to me that the 'Gades were being made to look like ******* because THEY called it off. My bad...best of luck.

I really hate to think that this was a collaborative effort by both Corps' to increase their respective membership. I'm sure the intentions were genuine by both the Renegades and the Statesmen. Just sayin........

it wasn't planned that way. it was said it may be incentive for people who's corps may not be coming out this year to go elsewhere

it's not all th Renegades fault at all. If you read Alan's post, it was decided by both corps.

and given the state of things, it's a smart move. Because to go and do it and risk a ton, there's a chance two more corps may be in trouble next year.

people are just naturaly curious. i for one am not blaming anyone. i doubted it would happen just because the money is so huge. it's to bad cause DCA would have benifitted so well.

it's not all th Renegades fault at all. If you read Alan's post, it was decided by both corps.

and given the state of things, it's a smart move. Because to go and do it and risk a ton, there's a chance two more corps may be in trouble next year.

i agree with you jeff. it's a smart move. when the economy improves then it might happen.