Mellophone Spots?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying people who are not marching in a top ten corps are wasting their summer :tongue::worthy: ?

Most of the bottom 13 probably still have spots, but are they just not up to your standards? Maybe if you march for them, your talents and hard work could make them top ten.....

Edited by bandocommando

So are you saying people who are not marching in a top ten corps are wasting their summer :tongue::worthy: ?

Most of the bottom 13 probably still have spots, but are they just not up to your standards? Maybe if you march for them, your talents and hard work could make them top ten.....

Hey, please be kind with unknown marcher. She (according to their personal info listing) just got cut from what might have been her dream corps and right now she doesn't feel so hot. And, the way I read her message, she was inferring she would be wasting her summer to NOT march with a corps, NOT that she would be wasting her time to march with a corps placing under the top ten.

I'm guessing that if a corps in her personal top five cut them just now, with only weeks to go to the beginning of the season, then she must feel she has good enough chops and technique to march in another one of her dream corps that's in the top ten.

Sometimes we spend too much time jumping to conclusions and not giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

After getting this far before getting cut, with summer around the corner, we should be applauding her for wanting to still march in a corps that wasn't her first choice.

Or has civility fallen that far since I marched?

(Edited to clear up gender references after reading her personal info listing.)

Edited by Michael Boo

Hey, please be kind with unknown marcher. He/she just got cut from what might have been their dream corps and right now they don't feel so hot. And, the way I read their message, they were inferring they would be wasting their summer to NOT march with a corps, NOT that they would be wasting their time to march with a corps placing under the top ten.

I'm guessing that if a corps in their personal top five cut them just now, with only weeks to go to the beginning of the season, then they must feel they have good enough chops and technique to march in another one of their dream corps that's in the top ten.

Sometimes we spend too much time jumping to conclusions and not giving someone the benefit of the doubt.

After getting this far before getting cut, with summer around the corner, we should be applauding them for wanting to still march in a corps that wasn't their first choice.

Rock bottom. Egocentric is the new black.

Hey, please be kind with unknown marcher. He/she just got cut from what might have been their dream corps and right now they don't feel so hot. And, the way I read their message, they were inferring they would be wasting their summer to NOT march with a corps, NOT that they would be wasting their time to march with a corps placing under the top ten.

I'm guessing that if a corps in their personal top five cut them just now, with only weeks to go to the beginning of the season, then they must feel they have good enough chops and technique to march in another one of their dream corps that's in the top ten.

After getting this far before getting cut, with summer around the corner, we should be applauding them for wanting to still march in a corps that wasn't their first choice.

Well said.

I'll go a little further and say that there's a lot of people looking for an opportunity to be offended.

I hope the OP finds a spot to his satisfaction.

I was in the OP's position a few years back. Got cut from a Top 3 corps, and I started looking at only finalist corps to march at. I mean, I wound up not marching that summer anyway, and for the next two years, I marched with a corps that didn't even come close to Finals. But man, I had two amazing summers, I was an I&E champion, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Basically, while it may seem like it does, it really doesn't matter if you march in a finalist corps or not - you're still going to have a fantastic summer. You just have to march, period.

I was in the OP's position a few years back. Got cut from a Top 3 corps, and I started looking at only finalist corps to march at. I mean, I wound up not marching that summer anyway, and for the next two years, I marched with a corps that didn't even come close to Finals. But man, I had two amazing summers, I was an I&E champion, and I wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Basically, while it may seem like it does, it really doesn't matter if you march in a finalist corps or not - you're still going to have a fantastic summer. You just have to march, period.

Agreed. It's not where you march, it's that you march.