SCV tribute to George B.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just click on 27 Lancers. It will come up automatically.
...if you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer. (The web page uses the IE-specific "bgsound" tag to load the MP3 file.)

Those of us who don't use IE can hear the file by opening http://www.27thlancers.net/dannyboy.mp3 .

ahhh that's why, I'm on a mac, no IE . thanks for the direct link, sounds nice :)

Nice gesture by Santa Clara Vanguard.

A student of mine came into the bandroom on Monday (the SCV spaghetti dinner was the night before) and when I asked how the corps was, all she talked about was Danny Boy... "oh yeah, and they played some of their show, too...." and then back to how DB sounded.... must have been incredible! Thanks for sharing!

...if you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer. (The web page uses the IE-specific "bgsound" tag to load the MP3 file.)

Those of us who don't use IE can hear the file by opening http://www.27thlancers.net/dannyboy.mp3 .

'

Very smart...:) Thanks for that! :worthy:

For those who don't know SCV and 27 have a very rich history together.

Edited by Lancerlady

Thanks. That certainly brings back some great memories!

I just watched 27th 1975 show and SCV's 1999 show the other night as a matter of fact. The first time I saw 27th was at the Shriners in Toronto in 71 and the last time was in Montreal in 82.

Others have said it before ... thanks for this SCV. You always have been one of the classiest organizations in this activity!

That was Beautiful. Thank you Santa Clara Vanguard. I remeber in 86 when we (27th Lancers) came in 13th how Gail Royer stood among us offering us comfort and praise.

In an activity so highly charged with competitive drive, where every second of rehearsal is precious, devoting the energy and time to this is truly remarkable, and speaks volumes about those who do so.

There's no doubt George B. would have truly appreciated the gesture.

Well done, my friends.