WHO?

Where Reading was weak last year? The Brass timbre tended to be thin and not as mature-sounding as a couple of other corps.

It wasn't enough of an issue to really hurt them. Their performance quality was just so tight all-around, if, and if they'd give up anything in terms of field or ensemble brass in terms of what I've discussed, it wouldn't be a lot. More than made up by visual and percussion spreads and I think correctly so.

B-W

A tad bit of an understatement perhaps, considering that Bucs won the overall brass caption in every show they entered last season.....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I am not sure if this is a predictions thread, but since I have seen the obligatory "whoever scores highest will win," I am going to assume that it is:

Open Class

1) Bucs (my pick until someone knocks them off)

2) Empire

3) MBI

4) Cabs (I could see them placing as low as 6th, but I do not think so)

5) Hurcs (I think their always strong guard will edge them over Alliance)

6) Alliance

7) Kidsgrove Scouts (they will be smaller than some around them, but will have a lot more rehearsal time)

8) Corpsvets

9) Renegades

10)Bush

Class A

1) Vigilantes

2) Govenaires

3) Sun Devils

4) Grenadiers

The coordination and administrative changes alone in Bush are so dramatically improved from last year to this, that coupled with an amazing book, Bush will be Top 5.

I like Blousemen to win Open and Class A at that same time. They are the only ones that could do it IMHO. I would pick them for mini corps as well....but word is the mini corps isnt as good as the BIG corps. And that is only a couple of weeks after they win DCI.

I can see this entire scenario unfolding as stated. :thumbup:

Fran

The coordination and administrative changes alone in Bush are so dramatically improved from last year to this, that coupled with an amazing book, Bush will be Top 5.

Ok. Your absolution is as right as my prediction... so, ok. I guess we will see before too long. Bush is always wild card for me. They are a rollercoaster corps as of late. High placement one year, low the next. Bush could be Top 3 next year... then again, they could fall compeltely out of Finals. I doubt the later would happen, but it would not baffle me.

For the record, I am a really big fan of the Bushwackers... I just think there is some really good competition out there.

They are a rollercoaster corps as of late.

You can say that again.

I had the opportunity to see them early in the competitive season last spring and let me tell you it was bad. Not just tear bad but absolutely no fundamentals in music or visual was taking place on the field. I thought the drum major was going to have to stop the corps and restart at one point. By late in the season they somehow pulled off a miracle and kept a place in finals. Shows what hard work and dedication can do when applied correctly.

So yes they can be considered the wild card.

I just love this time of the year. No one knows how anyone is really doing but I still love to see how people do their predictions. I always come back to the prediction thread to see who was the closest after finals is over. I wouldn't even try as I am of course biased. :tongue:

Edited by laurasop

OPEN CLASS

MBI

BUCS

EMPIRE

CABS

ALLIANCE

HURCS

BUSH RENEGADES

KIDSGROVE SCOUTS

CORPSVETS

CLASS A

GRENADIERS

VIGILANTES

FUSION

GOVENAIRES

SUNRISERS

SUNDEVILS

BUSH RENEGADES

Now THAT would be an interesting merger. :tongue:

Fran

You can say that again.

I had the opportunity to see them early in the competitive season last spring and let me tell you it was bad. Not just tear bad but absolutely no fundamentals in music or visual was taking place on the field. I thought the drum major was going to have to stop the corps and restart at one point. By late in the season they somehow pulled off a miracle and kept a place in finals. Shows what hard work and dedication can do when applied correctly.

So yes they can be considered the wild card.

Their numbers seemed alot better in the 2010 Holyoke parade + the drumline looked rock solid. The Voodoo concept sounds like a cool idea. I have the feeling they will do better this year.

Their numbers seemed alot better in the 2010 Holyoke parade + the drumline looked rock solid. The Voodoo concept sounds like a cool idea. I have the feeling they will do better this year.

Agreed. Like I have stated before, I think Bush has some really interesting and fresh ideas for DCA. I like groups that present some different ideas.