Music from "Chess"

I recently watched the musical "Chess in Concert" by Tim Rice, Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus. Throughout the entire show I couldn't help but think how great the music would translate to the field. Has anyone else seen this incredibly original musical?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently watched the musical "Chess in Concert" by Tim Rice, Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus. Throughout the entire show I couldn't help but think how great the music would translate to the field. Has anyone else seen this incredibly original musical?

I agree completely. It's a great book and I've thought it could yield an incredible drum corps show ever since I first heard it in '88.

Edited by Rollo Tomasi

I like One Night In Bangkok, and BD did that for their opener in 1997.

The rest feels too ABBA for me.

Corpsreps lists Delta Brigade as doing "Chess" as their show in 1999.

They were in rehearsal with it in 2001 when they folded.

Blue Devils played One Night In Bangkok in 97 and Minnesota Brass is playing it this season.

I don't think so about Devils. Maybe they played One Night in Morocco, but Casa Blanca and Bangkok don't sound like a match to me

http://www.bluedevils.org/tty/index.php?ye...&programID=

I always saw Bangkok in the description and never thought it was stuff from Chess. Someone give me a timestamp so I can check it out.

Edited by jplattSCV

I like One Night In Bangkok, and BD did that for their opener in 1997.

The rest feels too ABBA for me.

Far Out!!! You learn something new every day. I had NO idea that is what that was. I just assumed it was incidental music from Casa Blanca. I just googled a bit and sure enough. That's from Chess. I stand corrected. Or more appropriately I Sit Slack Jaw Corrected.