DCA rings?

Besides, we've all seen the medals........can you imagine how crappy and substandard a DCA supplied ring would be?? LOL!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Besides, we've all seen the medals........can you imagine how crappy and substandard a DCA supplied ring would be?? LOL!!!!

LOL!

Really? My medals are pretty nice.

thank you Kay

I was actually going to ask Rich if he had ever seen one... or is he talking about dci's? it is my belief that they (dca's) are very well done...

As someone who tried desparately to win one and never did despite decades of trying - I take the DCA Championship medal very seriously... Ironically, my kid has one (or more) topping dad...

Really? My medals are pretty nice.

I agree too... they are pretty nice especially after a long season...

funny little story,..............in 2001, we (Tbirds) placed second to the Renegades at their first ever DCA appearance as a mini corps, prior to their full corps coming out in 2002,................we made a bunch of friends in the gades in 2001 at an after party held in our hotel in Syracuse,...................later that fall when trading emails, I was asked about how long after DCA weekend did we have to wait until DCA got to us about getting us our rings :ph34r: ,...........we purchased our own of course.

Hey Gary,

The first two times we won DCI in BD we didn't get rings ... I had the '76 and '77 rings made up in the last '90s for those alumni who wanted to purchase them. I know there were a few Renegades who wanted rings after our first mini-corps win!

However, Gary, I have to tell you ... when you guys threw us that party after we won (and we climbed in through your hotel windows to get there!), the T-birds hospitality and friendliness meant just as much to me then, as winning DCI in my younger days. Rings-schmrings ... what you guys did for us WAS drum corps at it's best.

(BTW, we DID shut your party down! :thumbup: )

Hey Gary,

The first two times we won DCI in BD we didn't get rings ... I had the '76 and '77 rings made up in the last '90s for those alumni who wanted to purchase them. I know there were a few Renegades who wanted rings after our first mini-corps win!

However, Gary, I have to tell you ... when you guys threw us that party after we won (and we climbed in through your hotel windows to get there!), the T-birds hospitality and friendliness meant just as much to me then, as winning DCI in my younger days. Rings-schmrings ... what you guys did for us WAS drum corps at it's best.

(BTW, we DID shut your party down! :ph34r: )

actually Jeff, If I recall correctly, the police did that,........................... :thumbup:

In 1975 when I won my 1st title I received a championship patch and and a beer mug commemorating wining the Dream Contest and DCA. I was fortunate enough to get 8 more championship patches and some medals when they started giving them out in the 90's. When I "aged out" in 2000 I got my final patch\medal and I bought a championship watch to commemorate what in my heart I knew was the last time I was going to march. As special as those Items are, the true trophy's are the friendships and unbelievable memories I got through my experiences.

So I know that DCI gives out rings to the championship corps. Does DCA? If so, do members have to pay for them or are they provided by DCA? If not, has there been consideration for them?

The Syracuse Brigadiers had their rings done by Josten when they won their championships. Josten gave them three choices, (gold, siver or bronze). The design on the rings was done with Brigadier Staff input. The corps members had to purchase their rings from Josten if they wanted one.