Joey Pero featured in the May issue of DownBeat Magazine!

Dear DCPers,

I hope this post finds you all well! I wanted to let the board know that I had the honor of being featured in the May 2010 issue of DownBeat magazine.

The article, written by Phil Lutz, includes some Drum Corps references; in addition to some

fantastic quotes by friend and mentor Wynton Marsalis.

Read the article here.

You may also pick up a hard copy of DownBeat at your local Barnes & Noble book store.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Curt Anderson Memorial Classic hosted by Might St. Joe's Alumni this Saturday!

Much, much more to come,

JoeyPeroSignaturesm-3-1.jpg

Visit www.JoeyPero.com for the latest news and information.

For booking inquiries, please email; contact@JoeyPero.com

JOEEeeeeeeee......great article. In particular a reference to Raphael Mendez. I was about 14 when I first met him at a clinic and concert. When listening to RESONANCE for the first time......Raphael came immediatly to mind. The technique and, to me, the circular breathing seemed obvious to Raphaels unique style.

To have your name mentioned within the same sentence with this man should in itself be the best accolade ever. He was, afterall, the world's greatest trumpet virtuoso at the age of 10.

Will continue to follow your career Joey :tongue:

(Oh ya.....Robert and Ralph...Raphael's twin sons would probably give Wynton and Doc some cause for concern.......just sayin.........)

Edited by melligene

Dear DCPers,

I hope this post finds you all well! I wanted to let the board know that I had the honor of being featured in the May 2010 issue of DownBeat magazine.

The article, written by Phil Lutz, includes some Drum Corps references; in addition to some

fantastic quotes by friend and mentor Wynton Marsalis.

Read the article here.

You may also pick up a hard copy of DownBeat at your local Barnes & Noble book store.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Curt Anderson Memorial Classic hosted by Might St. Joe's Alumni this Saturday!

Much, much more to come,

JoeyPeroSignaturesm-3-1.jpg

Visit www.JoeyPero.com for the latest news and information.

For booking inquiries, please email; contact@JoeyPero.com

Great article Joey. Well deserved!!! :tongue::worthy::smile:

Good for you Joey!

Nice article.... congrats, Joey!!!!!

Fran

JOEEeeeeeeee......great article. In particular a reference to Raphael Mendez. I was about 14 when I first met him at a clinic and concert. When listening to RESONANCE for the first time......Raphael came immediatly to mind. The technique and, to me, the circular breathing seemed obvious to Raphaels unique style.

To have your name mentioned within the same sentence with this man should in itself be the best accolade ever. He was, afterall, the world's greatest trumpet virtuoso at the age of 10.

Will continue to follow your career Joey :tongue:

(Oh ya.....Robert and Ralph...Raphael's twin sons would probably give Wynton and Doc some cause for concern.......just sayin.........)

GEEEEEEEneeee,

Thanks for your post, always a pleasure.

It is indeed an honor to be featured in a major publication! Wynton was kind enough to give an interview in my behalf and mention those names despite his

VERY busy schedule.

BTW...

What did Mendez say to you when you met him?! Inquiring minds want to know.

Joey

Thanks you to everyone who posted, sent notes and commented on facebook. It is greatly appreciated!

I'll be posting the following officially in the next day or so. But to any one in the western PA area (and beyond); please mark your calendars for May 7th, 2010.

My band and I will be performing two back-to-back shows @ Little E's Jazz club in Pittsburgh, PA!

More to come.

Joey

Thanks you to everyone who posted, sent notes and commented on facebook. It is greatly appreciated!

I'll be posting the following officially in the next day or so. But to any one in the western PA area (and beyond); please mark your calendars for May 7th, 2010.

My band and I will be performing two back-to-back shows @ Little E's Jazz club in Pittsburgh, PA!

More to come.

Joey

I'll be there.

I'll be there.

Saturday night, Greece (Rochester) New York, Joey Pero and his band at Mighty St. Joe's Curt Anderson Memorial Classic.

Tickets still available for purchase at the door.

GEEEEEEEneeee,

Thanks for your post, always a pleasure.

It is indeed an honor to be featured in a major publication! Wynton was kind enough to give an interview in my behalf and mention those names despite his

VERY busy schedule.

BTW...

What did Mendez say to you when you met him?! Inquiring minds want to know.

Joey

JOEeeeeeeee........My band instrutor new Raphael and introduced me to him. Don't have a clue what he said if he said anything at all. I had that "Deer in Headlights" expression happening. Saw him again the following year at Westminster College in New Wilmington, Pa. but didn't get to talk to him. Twice in a lifetime experience.