Well that was a burst of replies there G.

I really think all drum corps need to take their quest for excellence beyond the field. Whether or not the Regiment poster/graphic is good design is debatable. I posted a separate thread addressing this topic specifically, but I think your above quote is flawed and I couldn't disagree with it more. Are you really saying that nothing else matters but the show? What happened to drum corps being a means to an greater end? Or has drum corps become the end in itself?

actually, No...Drum corps does NOT need to take their quest for excellence beyond the field but thats a whole other can of worms, and many different views regarding that......a drum & bugle corps should strie to be the best drum & bugle corps they can be.......Its whats on the field that makes the poster so special.....I'll tell you right now....should SPirit come in last place and Phantom go undefeated and score 100.00...that "f-ugly" poster will be the hottest thing on the market and nobody would give the spirit poster a second glance.......

Old programs from shows from the 70's and early 80's fetch mad money from collectors, not because of the designm but because of the nostalgia and the connection to the show......What a poster looks like means nothing except a reason to have a discussion in may on DCP.

G

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check back with us in August or September, when we know how much tour swag they've sold.

TWEET! 15 yards, improper use of logic.

There must be an obvious correlation between swag sold and the poster for this to be true, otherwise the amount of stuff sold could be related to any number of other things: audience reaction to the show, fans who just want the latest PR stuff, random kid who thought the uniform looked cool, positioning of the souvie trailer relative to the restrooms . . . or any other location for that matter, etc.

Hey, did you all hear? Phantom is going to suck this year.

Yeah, the armchair DCP directors have foretold it.

I'm going to have to consult some of you next season for any poster needs I have.

Well this thread has gotten a bit silly, but I must ask you to point out where anyone said in this thread Phantom will suck this year. Don't add unnecessary fuel to the fire by insinuating people are saying things they aren't. I think the poster sucks, but I'm sure Phantom will be great. Sheesh.

"Oh my God" !!! Phantom Regiments poster isnt top of the line, cutting edge, awesome....LOLOLOLOL..Has it really come to this ???

Expect to see the design on their tour shirt !

G

Not sure what's more rediculous, his overreaction to the poster, or your overreaction to him.

Michael :

I'll buy a wall calendar right now at full price from any Corps that might have one....haha!

Edited by BRASSO

Well this thread has gotten a bit silly, but I must ask you to point out where anyone said in this thread Phantom will suck this year. Don't add unnecessary fuel to the fire by insinuating people are saying things they aren't. I think the poster sucks, but I'm sure Phantom will be great. Sheesh.

Do they have satire where you live? :thumbup:

Not sure what's more rediculous, his overreaction to the poster, or your overreaction to him.

Ditto above post.

Do they have satire where you live? :thumbup:

Nope, it was banned a couple years ago to prevent people from saying "oh I was just kidding" as a weak effort to save face after realizing their previous posts were unnecessarily confrontational.