And clearly posters are very important to me. I can't live in a world without posters. I can live off posters and breathe posters and still not get enough posters. Posters are my life and I plan to marry a poster one day. So, don't get between me and my over serious idea of the "meaning of life" errr... "meaning of posters" and we will get a long just fine. Posters.

love.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love.jpg

Michael Boo : you are the poster child for good humor in a time of need.

I do too - I still have mine in my office in fact. (As well as the 2005 Russia poster, but ... we'll not talk about that one...)

Mike

Why not ? 2005 was an outstanding show...you only had to be there live to realize talk on DCP doestn equate to reality !!

G

ps: Was there a poster for the 2000 SCV show ??

I'm not sure what "G" has against people hating on posters. Maybe he thinks all posters are his family and bashing one is like bashing a very dear love one. Bottom line I can dislike Phantom's poster, believe they should have taken more time and consideration in making a better one, and look forward to seeing their 2010 show anyway. And frankly even if "phantom goes undefeated" the poster will still be ugly. And for someone who thinks the posters don't matter you are putting an awful lot of energy into aguing that they don't matter... hmm...

But the general idea for DCI posters is that the people who see them are fans anyway so the design won't influence whether or not they see the show! Its not like a Movie Poster where looks are everything. But fans just like to see Drum Corps represented in the BEST possible light so that if I show my non-DCI buddies a poster of a DCI show they can say, "wow, that looks cool." and think that we take it seriously and professionally (to an extent).

If posters really didn't matter than there would be no point to making them. Corps make them because they think they serve some purpose. So, its my opinion that the corps should do the BEST they can in achieving that purpose.

And clearly posters are very important to me. I can't live in a world without posters. I can live off posters and breathe posters and still not get enough posters. Posters are my life and I plan to marry a poster one day. So, don't get between me and my over serious idea of the "meaning of life" errr... "meaning of posters" and we will get a long just fine. Posters.

I'm gonna bring a match and burn all of your posters down !

G

Why not ? 2005 was an outstanding show...you only had to be there live to realize talk on DCP doestn equate to reality !!

G

ps: Was there a poster for the 2000 SCV show ??

2005 was an outstanding idea. it didnt fully translate to the field

I thought you were talking about the Blue Devils' show that year, until I read the post to which you were replying.

Phantoms gonna kick butz this summer even though their poster looks like a WGI tarp.