Can’t find 2004, 2005 or 2006 to post here. We’re blessed with some very talented folks who share their gifts with the corps.

Here's 2004 and 2005, taken a few minutes ago in bad lighting in my living room. I'll try and get better quality shots tomorrow. And with that, I believe it's game, set and match to the Reading Buccaneers in the great poster war of 2010 :)

reading2004.jpg

reading2005.jpg

Edited by Kamarag

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, the Reading Buccaneers' posters are legit.

I think an important thing to remember is there is a difference between a poster and a logo. One can be filled with lots of info. The other can't.

Can someone shed some light on these posters? ie: How long they have been around ? How to get them ? etc.....

G

All I know is in my day, we didn't have posters. We were required to take turns and stand without moving in the locations where posters would have been if we had posters. And families would walk past us and the children would point and say, "Mommy. Is that drum corps person dead?" And the mommy would say, "No, dear. He's just advertising the drum corps show next week in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot." And the little girl would say, "I want to go. I want to go...unless they're using electronics." And the mommy would say, "They aren't using electronics, but they are using rope snare drums, one-valve horns and 36-pound rifles." To which the little girl would proclaim, "I want to go to the circus instead!" And the mommy would respond, "Drum corps is just like a circus, but the freaks have more music degrees." And then the little girl would start to cry and she'd freak out when those of us standing where posters would one day go would step out to go to our one allowed bathroom break of the day. AND THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS AND WE LIKED IT!

dana-carvey-grumpy.jpg

Can someone shed some light on these posters? ie: How long they have been around ? How to get them ? etc.....

G

Well, Phantom TRIED to shed some light..... :thumbup:

I find the blood spatter much more disturbing than the rifle. :smile::thumbup:

It's not a blood splatter; it's a drip from a Burger King catsup packet that shot open under pressure.

Granted, the catsup packet exploded when the person putting it on their fries was hit by six rounds from a high-powered sniper's rifle; but the point is the image itself is not violent.