• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

SCV_2004_Poster_web.jpg

It was fun making this. I hope they do more.

pretty sure the guy in the picture had no problems with this poster

If you made up that line, it's awesome.

I have to give you a :blink:.... a :blink: ....and for good measure I'll throw in a

Applause.gif

If you copied that from someone else, I have to take it all back except for the :blink:

" Reality is the only fantasy I've got" is a quote from a movie. Those exact words. I'll tell you the movie soon. It is a cool quote.

Edited by boxingfred

" Reality is the only fantasy I've got" is a quote from a movie. Those exact words. I'll tell you the movie soon. It is a cool quote.

I'm not coming up with anything when I Google that. Being that I see a movie once every three or four years (my last movie was "Finding Nemo"), I probably didn't see whatever movie it came from. But if those are the exact words, I'd like to know what movie it was in. All I know is I've been saying that for decades.

I've posted three drum corps posters. How many have you posted. And how 'bout you Boo?

P.S. If you think this thread is snarky, you are not very attentive.

Don't got no posters to post. That's why I surfed into this thread, post-haste. Not very attentive? Naw, heck I'm just bored with all the other snarky threads...I think I'm about post-toasted on posters now, though.

Definitely liking the Cavaliers and Troopers posters. And, as for Phantom's poster, I'd have to agree with a few others, it, well... falls short of the mark ...when stacked up against the other posters shared thus far.

Edited by dcsnare93

Definitely liking the Cavaliers and Troopers posters. And, as for Phantom's poster, I'd have to agree with a few others, it, well... falls short of the mark ...when stacked up against the other posters shared thus far.

I'm still not convinced it's a poster. I believe it's just a logo. Perhaps the words "posters and logos" should be in the thread title.

Wow, the colts and bluecoats' posters look really great.

Sometimes people don't think the whole packaging and poster design doesn't help, but I think it really does and not enough junior corps are capitalizing on it. They can still be turned into profit by selling posters for a certain price if somebody doesn't have enough for a shirt, or doesn't want a shirt. Also it really helps their campaign when they're promoting themselves. If some non drum corps person is presented with a nice professional looking packaged display for donation reasons I'm sure he'd be more likely to donate.

Bluecoats always have great posters.

Does anybody know if their show "Metropolis" has anything to do with the 1927 movie? I just get that vibe from the poster....and the name of course. If so then this is the show I'll probably be most excited for this year.

So, I asked my nephew if he would tinker a bit with the Phantom poster (find a way to keep him busy and out of trouble). Perhaps this is against some rule and I will be stricken from the forums, but I thought I would put it up here anyhow. He indicated that there would still be a lot of work to do on it and that he just pulled the image from a website somewhere. And of course, he knows nothing about the show concept other than the title and this is a drum corps.

(Dear Moderators, feel free to delete this if it somehow breaks any rules.)

phantomidea.jpg