Surviving the Summer

Not gonna lie, I only brought maybe 2 white shirts for all of tour. I wore them only in the beginning of the season when I was actually getting burnt, then used them for random crap for the remainder of the season.

Same with sunscreen actually...switched to tanning lotion in late July. Melanoma here I come!

But seriously kids, use sunscreen. Bugspray will save you a lot of grief too, especially when you get to Louisiana and Mississippi.

And definitely be careful with the Ibuprofen; you don't want to completely destroy your stomach before you're 25. Doctors will yell at you for that when tour is over...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And definitely be careful with the Ibuprofen; you don't want to completely destroy your stomach before you're 25. Doctors will yell at you for that when tour is over...

Good advice. And you should worry more about your liver than your stomach from anti-inflammatory agent overdoses, even if it's your stomach that suffers pain from it. Yes, something that's BAD (if you take too much).

Instead of a full size towel bring a chamois to dry off after a shower. Takes up less space and you dont need to hang it somewhere to dry.

no way this takes up less room than a towel...

chamois.jpg

i mean... this is what i found when i searched for 'chamois' on google image search...

I don't know if your corps director went over this with you guys, but it would be highly preferable if you had gel deodorant rather than the other kind.

Here's my list of necessary items for tour:

-Ibuprofen (use sparingly)

-Sunscreen (use liberally)

-Aloe gel (for when the sunscreen doesn't work)

-Bug spray (especially for the SE portion of tour)

-Gold Bond (I generally wear compression shorts, but it's good to have some handy anyways)

-Rubik's cube (for those times when you have absolutely nothing else to do on the bus)

Why not vitamin water zero instead?

you dont need the "zero" anything while in drum corps...you'll burn it all off anyways in no time.

as for the thread id say LOTS of socks for those wet days on the field. a couple shorts, a couple shirts, definitely a lot of quaters for laundry. i used pill bottles to hold my quarters. also, i had these sheets that were detergent and softener in one, it really helped not having to carry the detergent in a bottle and i could just throw the sheet in the washer, then switch it to the dryer. I think anything spf 50 or higher is all the same. at least thats what ive heard anyways

Definitely. You don't want to be "that guy" with the foot fungus, especially once you get on the buses.

Also to prevent plantar warts. Trust me, burning those suckers off with liquid N2 is freakin painful.