My goals this year is to

1. March as well as Zach and Chris from Phantom Regiment.

Hey - Danielle and I resent that :ph34r:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey - Danielle and I resent that :ph34r:

From Phantom 2008 I should add

:ph34r:

From Phantom 2008 I should add

:ph34r:

Ahem, from Cadets 05 I should add. You know, a corps that actually won marching, using basically the same style we do at Statesmen...

Its fine, fine...i don't care, wont hurt my feelings :ph34r: You made me so sad that I'm not gonna come to camp this weekend. Of course I shouldn't tell you that I wasn't going to be there anyway...but nah, I'd rather you think it was your fault :thumbup:

Ahem, from Cadets 05 I should add. You know, a corps that actually won marching, using basically the same style we do at Statesmen...

Its fine, fine...i don't care, wont hurt my feelings :ph34r: You made me so sad that I'm not gonna come to camp this weekend. Of course I shouldn't tell you that I wasn't going to be there anyway...but nah, I'd rather you think it was your fault :ph34r:

OH WAIT A MINUTE

OH GOSH NICK I FORGOT YOU ARE MARCHING WITH US THIS YEAR

I only talked to you guys like once at camp.......I COMPLTELY FORGOT LOL

I thought you were just some random guy on DCP....

I didn't know you marched there as well, I knew she did though

I'll be stalking your marching all summer now. What a fun comparison :thumbup:

When are you guys going to make it back up?

Edited by HighBrass09

OH WAIT A MINUTE

OH GOSH NICK I FORGOT YOU ARE MARCHING WITH US THIS YEAR

I only talked to you guys like once at camp.......I COMPLTELY FORGOT LOL

I thought you were just some random guy on DCP....

I didn't know you marched there as well, I knew she did though

I'll be stalking your marching all summer now. What a fun comparison :ph34r:

When are you guys going to make it back up?

its cool - I sorta swore off of dcp for about a month... but how could you forgot that I was the one who taught the hornline that stupid crab / hop step we do in the drill for the wicked witch section that we all hated :thumbup:

We'll be back 2 weekends from now, and then 2 weekends after that, and then one more time before the first show...then every show.

And back on topic, since I'm marching DCA 6-7 hours away from my house, i know I'll probably only get one shot to march with this group, so my goals are to have an awesome time, meet a bunch of people, kick ### / remember what it feels like to march (so I can teach it and understand what its like), and hopefully not but heads with too many vets in the corps that are at least as stubborn as me :ph34r:

its cool - I sorta swore off of dcp for about a month... but how could you forgot that I was the one who taught the hornline that stupid crab / hop step we do in the drill for the wicked witch section that we all hated :ph34r:

We'll be back 2 weekends from now, and then 2 weekends after that, and then one more time before the first show...then every show.

And back on topic, since I'm marching DCA 6-7 hours away from my house, i know I'll probably only get one shot to march with this group, so my goals are to have an awesome time, meet a bunch of people, kick ### / remember what it feels like to march (so I can teach it and understand what its like), and hopefully not but heads with too many vets in the corps that are at least as stubborn as me :ph34r:

I remember you teaching us that Crab step, clearly. I think it's fun actually!

Sweet man, See you soon then!

Am I the only one who has winning as a goal. Drum corps really has changed.

I'd say that in 1982 and 1983, it was a goal at Westshore, especially in '83. We had two good shots at it, didn't quite make it, but yes, we had that as a very realistic goal.

In 1984, the goal was to get the corps on the field and as a long shot, maaaaaybe make finals. The circumstances had done a total 180.

Depends on the situation and whether that's a realistic goal for the corps you're a part of. Only a few corps can really seriously think about that as a realistic goal.

Right now- maybe 3-4 DCA and 3-5 DCI corps can really have a legit, realistic crack at the whole schlamozzle. Being delusional if you're not part of those units isn't mentally healthy. :ph34r:

And if you're outside that group and DO get a crack at it, it's seriously delicious gravy for your poutine. :ph34r:

Helluva commute from France, Nick. :ph34r::thumbup:

Good luck buddy, now I can root for you at Rochester Labor Day weekend.

Hmm, my goals are a bit arrogant...but it works:

+ Don't be a B****.

+ Do in the show what I do in rehearsal.

+ Don't let frustration stop me from getting better.

+ Be focused enough to apply corrections on the 1st rep.