Best towel for tour

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the reviews. The Microfiber is expensive but what may be the trick.

You do need someting soft on the skin- you've been there- you're gonna burn eventually somewhere. The last thing you need is a towel acting as a rasp on the skin. And as has been said, figure out how to really mark that sucker or get a really ludicrous color. 33 bucks is a lot of bread for a towel, and read below.

And has been said before, sharin' some of this stuff is... just grungy and grotty, even for a Bari player like me who will usually deal with all sorts of indignities.

One a totally serious note- I have an allergy to my own sweat and also to any soaps with fragrances and oils in them- To make it worse, the problem wasn't properly diagnosed till about my 3rd or 4th year in corps, so, I went through some "interesting times" during and after a corps weekend (though not as bad as blowing out a knee, There were some moments of real pain!)- and... really- you wouldn't wanna be usin' my towel then, LOL. And- I wouldn't be wantin' my towel washed with anyone else's by accident unless they used specific laundry detergents free of fragrances.

There's enough dust, dirt, mold, crud, and scunge in the activity. Gotta try and keep decently tidy and keep certain stuff distinctively marked for you and you alone. Sometimes, just feelin' clean after a long Corps day and the shower is a great feeling.... :ph34r:

BigW with a .......... big W for that post.

Quite possibly the best post in the thread.

I think you should use Towlie!!! He's had some issues but is on the mend and ready to serve again!! :ph34r:

WP

hornandsoccer why did you have to have your shamwow's replaced? I used them for at least 2 tours in a row and have never had a problem with them as far as the getting ruined. But this year I am not going to use them. I wasnt to happy with them.

This year I am going to use an actual chamois called The Absorber. You can wash and dry off with it. Just ring out and store it in the tube it came with. It is better for it to stay wet and it wont produce mildew. I got it for less than $10 at Wally.

hornandsoccer why did you have to have your shamwow's replaced? I used them for at least 2 tours in a row and have never had a problem with them as far as the getting ruined. But this year I am not going to use them. I wasnt to happy with them.

This year I am going to use an actual chamois called The Absorber. You can wash and dry off with it. Just ring out and store it in the tube it came with. It is better for it to stay wet and it wont produce mildew. I got it for less than $10 at Wally.

They just started falling apart after about 6 days. I just couldn't afford to replace them every week or so.

Maybe I just got a bad batch.

Just use a regular cotton towel. I bring two on tour just incase. Hang it up on the bus. That's the best deal.

I always used my wash cloth to remove most of the water from my body first. That way my towel would hardly get wet in the first place... a habit that I still have to this day.

Thank you for that Russell. it's a little more info than I think I want to know, want to visualize, or can think about right now. But thank you for sharing this with us nonetheless.

Edited by BRASSO