DCI Countdown

So did nobody else catch BAC playing rhapsody in blue at the beginning of their segment??? Is that like show music or an encore tune

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did nobody else catch BAC playing rhapsody in blue at the beginning of their segment??? Is that like show music or an encore tune

It's a warmup exercise

did having NO PHANTOM have anything to do with that?!? Bad, bad, bad idea!! I'm not against there being no PR in this one, even as alum, but from a "butts in the seats," marketing standpoint, this stands out along with Jackson 93 as a bad, bad idea in DCI history. What were they thinking??

Well, they weren't in the top 5, and their historical stuff didn't really tie into the shows. I liked the way they flowed the new school and the old school. I was very impressed.

I was in Utica Michigan at the AMC 30 and I'd say there was around 50 people. Not a lot of energy in the audience but everyone seemed to be enjoying watching a little drum corps together.

Viewed in the Northpark AMC in Dallas...attendance was WAY down...did having NO PHANTOM have anything to do with that?!? Bad, bad, bad idea!! I'm not against there being no PR in this one, even as alum, but from a "butts in the seats," marketing standpoint, this stands out along with Jackson 93 as a bad, bad idea in DCI history. What were they thinking??

SCV was da bomb. w00t. Cadets brought tears to my eyes. Twice. Very emotional. BD was masterful. They were very shrewd and successful; but yet they only drew only polite "golf" applause. Hmmmm......

But .... I have a question? Do you REALLY believe that nationwide attendance was down because PR was not in the production?

The show started about 40 minutes late and We lost BD about in the middle also....the theatre gave us our money back. It was kind of a lousy way to end the viewing. The screen went black, everyone waited a while, nothing happened, so we all left. It seemed like everyone enjoyed themselves.

Irvine spectrum had a good sized crowd. A little more than half the theater filled. Really like the connection between the old and the new shows. Really liked the Cadets version of Appalachian way better. BD had the best preshow applause and Cadets had the best post show applause. The volume was 3xs louder than last years countdown thank god.

I'm in one of the hornlines that was featured/previewed but man how about that BAC and Bluecoats hornlines? They are off to a really good start

It had nothing to do with no Phantom- I didn't want to really see what was presented and when they said anything old would be excerpted and cut up, that pretty much made up my mind for me not to go. Give me a full blend of old and new, in complete show format, not trying to ram down the new stuff down my throat and hope the candy they throw out of the old will be enough.

If I don't have a schedule conflict this year with the ALMS and Indy Car race in Mid-Ohio like I did last year, I'll hit the QF simulcast again. If I do, I'll be looking for bodyguards. Last time I told a woman to shut off her blackberry which she was constantly texting on and the screen was annoying a bunch of us. Nearly got into a fight with who were pretty much Todd and Margo from Christmas Vacation until two old schoolers stoof up and told them both to stand down and turn off the bleepin blackberry.

HOW can you be texting in the middle of live drum corps action? Sorry- but I can do without those kinds of "Fans"...

Sooo, when its QF time, hopefully I'll be lookin' for some peeps to go with that will be REAL fans to sit with in Harrisburg, PA.

Went to the Cinemadome theaters in Sacramento. About a dozen very quiet people there in a huge theater.

Preshow, went to the manager and pleaded for BIG sound. He said that he would do what he could but that

with these types of feeds, you kinda "get what you get". Anyway, sound for the show was OK...me and the

kid sat in the front 1/3 ...closer to the screen.

Vanguard - Loved Ballet for Martha last year, love it even more now. Vanguard is so classy.

Cavies - Hated the rock climbing show last year and even more now.

Cadets - A new appreciation for what they did in '09...looks different on the big screen. A really good performance.

Crown - Judges got it right...they were really good.

BD - Man, what execution. Cleaner than Clean. The way they snap those instruments...every step, every movement...perfect.

Loved the old footage and the previews. The guy from BAC said that they were better in each section this season.

The Countdown was better than I expected...I'm all pumped up now. Bring on the shows!

Cali.

My theater blew it... Got to the theater at 7:30, it was well into the Cavaliers' show, but they were playing audio from the preview deals they usually play before the trailers start for regular movies. 5 minutes later they finally shut that off, that show was over, and the audio was slightly too low for the rest of the night.

Also I'd say there were 12-20 people in attendance at my location. More than there were in 08 though.

As for the shows, well done (everyone I saw anyway) and it was great seeing the classic moments. I have a poor attention span so I didn't mind that the classic shows weren't the full 10-11 minutes.