DCI Countdown

"OK, listen up.... I want the volume in our auditorium turned up, NOW. I have a wedge of provolone with me, and don't make me use it!!!!"

For threats, I utilize bonbel. The little paraffin-coated rounds are great for throwing.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when they hit the floor, they dive down to pick them up, they taste so good and are so hard to get open, you can get the jump on your victim before they know what hit them.

Dude, you must have been a dangerous guy on the Corps bus back in the day. :plain:

And when they hit the floor, they dive down to pick them up, they taste so good and are so hard to get open, you can get the jump on your victim before they know what hit them.

Dude, you must have been a dangerous guy on the Corps bus back in the day. :devil:

Oh, the stories that could be told.

So I got to attend the Countdown with a large group of fellow UNT students at Vista Ridge Mall in Lewisville. I have to say that I was disappointed that we couldn't vote on our favorite shows, but the good people at DCI made a very enjoyable production (even if there were a few too many puns in there). It was fun getting to watch shows with people from other corps. Though my favorite parts were the previews of the upcoming season. Both Troopers and Boston look like they are doing the right things to have a GREAT summer of performances. The Troopers' segment was beautifully done. Every time I hear their introduction to finals last summer I get goosebumps. Love it! And Boston... I just love them. Fantastic corps.

I'm glad the world got to see us at the Bluecoats getting our butts whipped into shape! I thought our preview was done well, and I was glad to see that the changes to the uniform turned out well!

Edited by BlooContraGuy

I liked the Bloo preview and it was cool on the big screen.

Other than that I completely regret going. I wish they were more clear with what "classical moments" meant. Top 5 was cool but only 1 of the shows I would've voted for if they did the vote again.

Overall it wasn't really bad but I just really regret spending $12.50 + gas for it just because it wasn't really good.

Hehe, my only regret was the popcorn. I paid $4.25 for a small and only ate half the bag. I got much more value for my $12.50 ticket to the show.

So did NOBODY else catch the crotch-in-the-face move during the BD show? Stood her up with his HEEL, man! Nevermind.

Viewed in the Northpark AMC in Dallas...attendance was WAY down...did having NO PHANTOM have anything to do with that?!? Bad, bad, bad idea!! I'm not against there being no PR in this one, even as alum, but from a "butts in the seats," marketing standpoint, this stands out along with Jackson 93 as a bad, bad idea in DCI history. What were they thinking??

SCV was da bomb. w00t. Cadets brought tears to my eyes. Twice. Very emotional. BD was masterful. They were very shrewd and successful; but yet they only drew only polite "golf" applause. Hmmmm......

But .... I have a question? Do you REALLY believe that nationwide attendance was down because PR was not in the production?

Well, I will admit, I may have underestimated the impact of...

I saw the show at the Cinemark 17 IMAX Theatre in North Dallas. About 15 people there. The video and sound quality were fantastic, sometimes the volume was even painful, which is great for drum corps. I also enjoyed all of the older show segments, especially the Blue Devils show from the 80's. The HD quality of the 2009 shows with the multiple camera angles was very impressive, making me seriously think about taking that $20 discount to buy the blue ray DVDs.

As for the low attendance at most theatres, I think this was a case of too many locations showing the countdown. A couple of years ago there would be only 2 or 3 theatres in the entire DFW area to see it. Last night there were 15 locations to choose from. It just spread everybody out too much. The small audiance in this theatre was DEAD. Not a single clap, kind of weird.

...this!

But This...I Believe...not many folks seemed agitated that there was no Cadets the previous Countdown. Toss 92 PR on the screen for all I care. I'll betcha more would have been in attendance. Just a guess. I mean...what would no PR on tour do to attendance, hmm??

I'd still like to have seen some Star, too! :blink:

Edited by silvertrombone