Name the Corps

Corps' have a distinct identity: well hmm...then name the corps (try not to cheat by looking it up online). There are six differnt corps in this list. Name the corps to the letter.

a) Traces, It's A Long Way To Tipperary, My Buddy (from I'll See You In My Dreams), Over There, Camelot, If Ever I Would Leave You (from Camelot), Alabama Jubilee

b) Tradition (from Fiddler on the Roof), Sabbath Prayer (from Fiddler on the Roof), Pinball Wizard (from Tommy), All for the Best (from Godspell), We Beseech Thee (from Godspell)

c) Theme from Lawrence of Arabia, Ninth Symphony (Ode to Joy), America The Beautiful, Big Spender (from Sweet Charity), Stoney End, Shadow of Your Smile (from The Sandpiper)

d) Aura Lee, Battle Hymn of the Republic, I Am On My Way, They Call the Wind Mariah, Promises, Promises

e) The Big Country, Theme from The Cardinal, Man of La Mancha, Born Free, Theme from Burke's Law, Almost There

f) Somewhere Over the Rainbow (from the Wizard of Oz) Follow the Yellow Brick Road (from Wizard of Oz), We're Off to See the Wizard (from Wizard of Oz), Talk to the Animals (from Dr. Doolittle), Parade of the Wooden Soldiers, Someday My Prince Will Come, Hi Ho (from Snow White), Yankee Doodle, Ding Dong the Witch is Dead (from Wizard of Oz)

The point of this exercise, corps identities change over time.

Edited by Stu

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first guess in Madison Scouts, but a part of me wants to think cavies

My first guess in Madison Scouts, but a part of me wants to think cavies

Clarification: There are six different corps' in the a - f list above. Madison is one of them, but which one? And who are the other five?

Edited by Stu

Madison is number 6

C is for Cavaliers

F has to be Empire Statesmen.

oops, I guess it could be Madison too.

Was a little confused...fits our description perfectly!!

Edited by HighBrass09

are you saying that if only Boston played Conquest every year, and Madison played Malaguena every year, DCI would be a better place?

Nope; just saying that the artistic identity of a corps changes over time that is all.