Dear Mr. Director

Amidst all of the discussion on other threads about woodwinds and the change in drum corps. I think it would serve us all well to voice our opinions to the directors of this activity. I don't intend this to be any kind of a revolution with blood in the streets, but rather a simple, tangible "vote" to those who make decisions.

The list of corps and emails is here.

Mine will go something like this:

Dr. Mr. _____________

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I don't intend to consume much of your valuable time with a long explanation of my opinions. I simply wanted to let you know that I am opposed to woodwinds being any part of drum corps, whether it is pre-show, post-show or during-show.

If you choose to implement these instruments into your pre-show this year, I will no longer be able to support your corps by purchasing merchandise, etc. Please know that I will still cheer for the young people under your influence and I will still pat them on the back in the parking lot.

Let's try to avoid this slippery slope together.

Sincerely,

Granny Smith

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been there, done that.

17 directors ignored, one preached about how the changes would be awesome, 2 asked if i would change my mind, and 3 told me not to let the door hit my ### on the way out.

been there, done that.

17 directors ignored, one preached about how the changes would be awesome, 2 asked if i would change my mind, and 3 told me not to let the door hit my ### on the way out.

LMFAO, someone actually told you that??

My emails have been sent. I cannot change how directors respond.

If they receive a couple emails it may likely have no impact, but if they receive many, then they may not be able to ignore it.

P.S. We always need to learn where we can have influence in life and put our energies there. While we may have very little influence in the decisions that are made, we do have some. And, our influence is increased exponentially as we work together.

One more thing: I sincerely plan to carry through on not showing any financial support to corps who go that direction.

yes. 2 of the directors are still in that position, as is the preacher ( tho we can all figure that one out)

funnier yet, the next year, 2 of those directors had the balls to email me and ask me why I no longer donated to them. When I showed them a copy of their reply to my email, I never heard another word.

LMFAO, someone actually told you that??

then that means you can not go to any show those corps perform in. because if they participate in a DCI event and you go they are getting your money, no matter how much of your prices goes directly to them.

One more thing: I sincerely plan to carry through on not showing any financial support to corps who go that direction.

then that means you can not go to any show those corps perform in. because if they participate in a DCI event and you go they are getting your money, no matter how much of your prices goes directly to them.

Well...crap! I'm already caving then because I have no intention of boycotting the shows. So much for me living on principle.

But, aside from that, not one nickel of mine reaches their pockets...you hear me! NOT ONE NICKEL!

Now I can get back to being cranky.

Edited by Granny Smith

then they win Granny.

I didnt attend any shows for 2 years. bought nothing. i've gone back, but one or two people doing what you said or what I said doesn't mean anything. even getting maybe 13k at finals doesnt mean anything. it will take mass exodus to get the point across