2010 WGI Rule Proposals

With all of the G-7 talk from the recent DCI meetings the rule proposals that were discussed this past weekend by WGI have gone un-noticed.

Many interesting proposals including a removal of all rules for the world classes and a removal of the limit to the number of members for an ensemble.

What are peoples thoughts on the WGI rule proposals?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With all of the G-7 talk from the recent DCI meetings the rule proposals that were discussed this past weekend by WGI have gone un-noticed.

Many interesting proposals including a removal of all rules for the world classes and a removal of the limit to the number of members for an ensemble.

What are peoples thoughts on the WGI rule proposals?

Are they posted yet?

I havent seen anything yet ,just word of mouth from the meeting but i think I will wait until I see it all in writing. With all the G7 talk on DCP and mostly about money Does anyone know does WGI INDEPENDENT WORLD GUARDS still get a slice of the pie money wise like they used to every year?

OK....Maybe someone can explain.. Maybe I just didn't get it. I just read the post and rule changes. Seems like rules for floors arent different other than line.( World Class ) So with another thread would SCV or what Pride did legal or not? Maybe Im not getting it...lol....someone help...lol :tongue: i have to re read the rest....hehehe

So World guards can now have 40 members!????

That is means guards are gonna need huge floors, bc people are constantly performing off the floor with only 30 members!

It may be tuff to fit 40 members on a floor in small gyms, but with a show like Pride's or SCV it would work well

So (forgive me, I'm a drummer) - we're up to putting the equivalent of a DCI World Class guard (size-wise) in a gym now? Is there even enough room? Seriously?

Mike

I agree, I think 40 is WAYYYYY to many people... who honestly will have 40 members for a winterguard?! i believe its absurd!

I agree, I think 40 is WAYYYYY to many people... who honestly will have 40 members for a winterguard?! i believe its absurd!

I think it could work with a big production like Pride. They had a lot more room for more people. Same as SCV.

40 people would look great at the UD Arena. But in Gyms it will be very difficult. If you watch shows on OnDemand, they can barely get all world floors on the video. There are also people doing the flag statement off the floor (which I hate)

I dont think that all guards will adopt this. Most would prob just stick with a World guard and an Open or A guard. But Pride, NEI, SAC and Onyx could prob pull off more than 30

How many world class guards actually march a full 30 members? Pride, Onyx, Sac, NEI....any others? Most guards don't seem to even march a full 30.