2010 WGI Rule Proposals

I think that raising the limit to 40 performers is ridiculous - apart from a very few guards - most just don't have enough people or talent to even field 20 or 30 - never mind 40.

I think this will once again work against the smaller guards who just can't compete in World class anymore (when's the last time anyone saw a "small" guard make world class finals).

I just don't see why anyone would need an extra 10 people on the floor!

Later,

Mike

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's interesting that so many are focusing on the number "40". If a guard can put that many on the floor, why not let them?

I think what's more interesting is the "no rules for World Class" proposal that is moving on...

Also, the "no forced promotion" rule...

and the removal of boundaries, except for a 5 foot safety zone.

great :thumbup: now instead of looking at 30 performers with little or no understanding of technique i get to see 40! :tongue::thumbup:

Edited by dugg

Only in World Class.... although Sonya Tayeh said she thinks that people in colorguard need a better understanding of basic dance technique, and I believe she only saw the World Class guards...

great :thumbup: now instead of looking at 30 performers with little or no understanding of technique i get to see 40! :tongue::thumbup:

I think that raising the limit to 40 performers is ridiculous - apart from a very few guards - most just don't have enough people or talent to even field 20 or 30 - never mind 40.

I think this will once again work against the smaller guards who just can't compete in World class anymore (when's the last time anyone saw a "small" guard make world class finals).

I just don't see why anyone would need an extra 10 people on the floor!

Later,

Mike

You could be right. The smaller guard may just get even smaller and the larger number could benefit a select few. I want to see 40 spinnning out there gezzzz..i hate looking at 30 sometimes.lol. Seems like some rules catering to a select few maybe. DCI is having a huge shake up , maybe time for WGI also :tongue:

Maybe its WGI's way of getting rid of so many small World guards??? Hoping some will combine!? I dunno, i doubt it.. I am just trying to think outside the box.

I do think that the promotion issue needed to be reviewed. I think the top 3 should be bumped up into the next class.. Not top 5. Then you end up with 15 guards in IW who for 3 years cant make World finals. lol

These rules are definitely catering to the big guards. But whats the point when the guards dont even come out b/c of money issues!?? Maybe with 40 member you can get more $$ and dont have to take a season off?? who knows!

Correct me if I am wrong (please!) but wasn't the 40 member thing proposed by Onyx - who (since their IO guard won WGI) would have 2 IW guards next year? Maybe now the plan is to combine Onyx and O2???

Just a thought!

Correct me if I am wrong (please!) but wasn't the 40 member thing proposed by Onyx - who (since their IO guard won WGI) would have 2 IW guards next year? Maybe now the plan is to combine Onyx and O2???

Just a thought!

That makes sense. But I think they will still need 2 guards. They will have more that 40 people show up for auditions.

Did the "No rules" for world guards pass??? What rules get changed?! Can they use pyro now LOL

I miss the days when a 9 member guard (27th Lancers) could make World Class finals - Look at Croatan in 2009 - had they had a bigger guard they would have made finals (although I still say they should have made it with the 8 that they did have)

I'm also afraid that the "big" guards who can now march 40 will drain some of the other smaller groups - it will be interesting to see how many guards compete in World this year and if it goes does drastically from 2010

Later,

Mike

Their proposal was to eliminate number caps in general, not a 40 member max.

Just a thought!