Surprises from Open Class Corps

Spartans definitely will be surprising to see how they manage to come back from their infamous folding of last year. With their five star instructors, and hard working kids, let's see what they can pull off, it won't just be the guard doing a phenomenal job as they probably have the best color guard of open class. I can see them being in the top 3

7th Regiment will also be an exciting one to see. Ever since 2008 they have been moving their way up on the totem pole, and after last years well put together show, their show this year will definitely be one to see as their numbers have most likely increased and incredible design staff (most of which are BAC alumni), let's see what they bring to the field. If done right, this corps can be top 5 material.

I have a feeling VK will be falling short on the totem pole this year. They are going with the same show concepts, granted they are entertaining, however the other corps are maturing in their programs.

Best of luck to all of open class

I love how everyone always forgets about the Raiders....until Finals week. See you then!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

raiders are really nothing special, the only thing to the raiders is that...they are good and that is really it, nothing from them withstands above all. and yes, i did see music city, still as i said, nothing really special. they lucked out with kids knowing how to march and play, who cares. for 2nd place i can see oregon crusaders busting through and claiming that seat.

From what i was told since the citations went inactive the all went to the spartans. So DO NOT be surprised is Spartans finish top 5 if not higher

Actually, some Citations went to 7th and a bunch went to BAC. As a matter of fact, Boston Crusaders have more Massachusetts kids in it this year than at any time in the last ten years. I think all three New England corps will be better this summer....7th, Spartans, and BAC. And, knowing some of the folks who teach 7th, I would not underestimate them....ever.

Overall however, this is a good thing for New England drum corps fans! :cool:

Actually, some Citations went to 7th and a bunch went to BAC. As a matter of fact, Boston Crusaders have more Massachusetts kids in it this year than at any time in the last ten years. I think all three New England corps will be better this summer....7th, Spartans, and BAC. And, knowing some of the folks who teach 7th, I would not underestimate them....ever.

Overall however, this is a good thing for New England drum corps fans! :cool:

A small group from Citations last year are marching with Blue Stars this year. I believe one member is marching with Bluecoats.

And some members from last year aren't marching this year at all.

So I stress again to whoever said it before- not all of the Citations members from last year are marching with Spartans this year. I do hope they (Spartans) do well this year, though.....

:cool:

I agree with CT-Horn, don't count the Raiders out. They will surprise you when you least expect it.

Should be a good summer!

So what do they have 25 horns now?

Someone is pretty bitter aren't we now? For any open class corps in the North East to double in size of any section is a huge stepping stone, no matter what the tally ends up being. And you are from CT? Way to not support your local musicians, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I think all three New England corps will be better this summer....7th, Spartans, and BAC.

It sounds bitter, but when BAC does a little bit more than one camp, a little recruiting (many of those recruited have parents who marched there), and fundraising here, they'll be a full-fledged New England corps. Not to say I don't love them, because I absolutely do.

I think Open Class is going to be a surprise, as usual. Either way, I can't wait for the season to begin! :tongue:

It sounds bitter, but when BAC does a little bit more than one camp, a little recruiting (many of those recruited have parents who marched there), and fundraising here, they'll be a full-fledged New England corps. Not to say I don't love them, because I absolutely do.

I think Open Class is going to be a surprise, as usual. Either way, I can't wait for the season to begin! :tongue:

Ugh.....not back to this......."a little bit more than one camp....". I guess the 28 days in New Hampshire for move in, the seven parades in greater Boston in June and July, the Spring Fling in Neponset, and the three Boston area shows this summer are a little bit more than one camp. Also, one member of the drum line and one member of the guard has parents who marched. The other 14 Massachusetts kids joined simply because they wanted to march BAC, along with the kids from CT, ME and NH. All this bitterness because the corps spends five weekends in Florida during a time of year when it makes sense? Please.

Back on topic, I think both 7th and Spartans will put good products on the field this summer, and I am looking forward to both.

why do you think music city? what more is there to them than that last year was their 1st year out and they placed last in finals? not really a big deal, no "cinderella" story to them at all.

#1) Music City is doubling in size this year

#2) Music City has some incredibly talented staff

#3) You are thinking of Memphis Sound - now Forte- of placing last in finals... Music City did not make finals