DCA I&E/Mini Corps

Rules and applications for the DCA Championship I&E and Mini Corps Contest are now posted on the dca web site

http://www.dcacorps.org

Click on the 2010 championship logo and you will see the link to download everything you need. Applications must be received by August 20th. Mini Corps take special note that corps sending in their application by 7/17 will be able to guarantee special preference on performance time based on last year.

The 2010 DCA I&E contest will be held the evening of September 3rd at the Rochester Riverside Convention Center, Riverside Radisson Hotel and on Main Street which will be closed between the convention center and the hotel. This kickoff to the DCA Championship weekend has grown into one of the "Don't Miss" activities of the entire weekend. Better known as the Drum Corps Block Party of all Block Parties, there is no charge for admission, plenty of great entertainment, lots of food and drink and a generally great time to be had by all.

Get those applications in early!!!!

Anyone with any further questions, contact DCA I&E Chairman, Dick Pronti at rap48@aol.com or contact info@dcacorps.org

See you all there...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn has everything up and running on the DCA Web site. We're off.

Friday Night in Rochester at DCA what a party!

You can apply by sending an application to DCAiande@aol.com or Rap48@aol.com.

Edited by Rap48

• 2 weeks later...

The season is underway. It won't be long untill Friday Night at the Championships!

First Horn signed in same day Tony Fiumara ( Shen Sound)and Scooter Pirtle ( Star United)

First Percussion Wendy Tran ( Renegades)

Now lets get busy out there and fill out my data base.

SEPT 3rd: MAIN STREET ROCHESTER THE PLACE TO BE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the season is heating up, I&E entries are starting to flow into my Data Base. Get your information in and get a good competitive spot.

All information is on the DCA Championship site. Or if you have questions feel free to contact me.

Welcome Kidsgrove entries, the first British entries ever I believe!!

Edited by Rap48

some seem to have trouble finding the information

go to http://www.dcacorps.org

click on the championship logo - the link to all information is about 3/4 of the way down the page...

Now that the season is heating up, I&E entries are starting to flow into my Data Base. Get your information in and get a good competitive spot.

All information is on the DCA Championship site. Or if you have questions feel free to contact me.

Welcome Kidsgrove entries, the first British entries ever I believe!!

Dick can you Clarify the best method for me to pay my entry fee ?

Cheers

Matt will you write me or have one of your directors write me at DCAiande@aol.com.

I have a couple of ideas to help your entries.

Peashey tells me that the exchange rate means you will owe .02$ a memebr., lol.

Write to me a we will set up a process.

For those you you that have a pay-pal account you can pay through pay-pal for your entry.

Rules and applications for the DCA Championship I&E and Mini Corps Contest are now posted on the dca web site

http://www.dcacorps.org

Click on the 2010 championship logo and you will see the link to download everything you need. Applications must be received by August 20th.

EVERYONE who frequents the "DCP Forums > Drum Corps Associates (DCA) - All Age - Alumni Corps Discussions" should download the five-page rules and read them............. you would be surprised to find that you already know the rules (except for time limits), as they epitimize what drum and bugle corps IS.

These rules allow for the most liberal interpretation so as to allow anyone covered by a DCA or alumni insurance policy to compete in the biggest, truest drum and bugle corps block party.

I was reading the rules for each category and after every line (except time limits and size definitions) I said "I knew that.......I knew that.......I knew that." The rules ARE the definition of drum and bugle corps.

Great job, folks....

Joe