New Unis

Didn't get any pictures myself but I did run across this on facebook. Picture of the full uniform being worn tonight by the 3rd field conductor.

29876_705038036327_36613929_39451266_7922637_n.jpg

Also, the uniforms being worn by the two drum majors are similar. The only differences I could see were that the sleeves are the same cream color as the pants and the flap appeared to have sequins or some other shiny material on it.

Man, talk about going backwards as far as uniform choices. That is really really bad. In other news, they have really really big speakers this year. :smile:

• Like 1

Man, talk about going backwards as far as uniform choices. That is really really bad. In other news, they have really really big speakers this year. :smile:

While I'm partial to the corps uniforms (and I think they still need to add a jacket, so I think I'll grow to like them too) I actually do like the Drum Major uniform.

Didn't get any pictures myself but I did run across this on facebook. Picture of the full uniform being worn tonight by the 3rd field conductor.

29876_705038036327_36613929_39451266_7922637_n.jpg

Also, the uniforms being worn by the two drum majors are similar. The only differences I could see were that the sleeves are the same cream color as the pants and the flap appeared to have sequins or some other shiny material on it.

There's got to be more to the uniform than this.

is this not lile a unifrom they had in the 70's? I like the look

This photo is from 1981 (except I photo-shopped the red sash to make it black).

The new unis are similar to this from what I've heard.

So the first image that's surfaced of Crown's uniforms shows them in temporary plumes, no uniform detailing (as it's been mentioned it'll be added later) and last year's drums that don't match the color scheme.

I know I've mentioned this before, but information management - corps really should put this stuff out proactively and not get so addicted to "secrecy" - Phantom's new unis last year were a good example of the opposite.

Mike

Totally Agree, it saves some of us from searching like man men for photos of the unis.

Confirmed - This is pretty much the essence of what Jim Mason & I worked on through the winter... The details of this new/retro look is on-par with contemporary quasi-military fashion, as one might have seen in any men's outfitter at your local mall... While far from being an actual "Scouting" uniform, this look is probably the closest thing to a "Boy Scout" uniform seen on the field in recent memory. My point in this is, yes - it's a "throwback" image; retro look, etc. BUT... the image it presents is heavily connected to current trends in civilian fashion - which, ironically enough, is military-inspired... Go figure...

Thanks for the confirmation Brent. I can't wait to see them take the field in this classic look!

but...it's CRUSHED VELVET! who in their right mind wears that in the Summer (let alone ever?!?)

please tell me they're not going to have a costume change during the show and come out wearing gold lamé. please. i beg you.

I'm definitely glad someone said it before I did, but I'm hoping that isn't the entire uniform.

Edited by A humble flag lover

Then again, what does this "new look" say about design in 2010? In Crown's case, it's a function-effect based design - clever, yes? It absolutely telegraphs, "mid-performance uniform switch-a-roo" ala SCV in the late '80s, or for you younger fans/students, last year's Blue Coat could design.

I actually think it looks *better* without the vest overlay - the undershirts alone carry a strong WGI vibe that to me (as a causal drum watcher) seems like it would emphasize individual and dance movement more than "military" type big drill moves.

Mike