8:03 p.m. – The Cavaliers

8:23 p.m. – Carolina Crown

8:43 p.m. – The Cadets

The Cadets Hall of Honored Veterans Presentation

Mid-Way Q&A with the Creative Teams

9:48 p.m. – Carolina Crown

10:08 p.m. – The Cadets

10:28 p.m. – The Cavaliers

10:55 p.m. – Awards and The Grand Finale Three-Corps Hornline!

From an Email I just got...

Fan Guide: The Three 'C' Double Play Season Opener

What you need to know: Schedule, Tickets, Parking, Directions & More!

See a clip from what you missed at last night's All Access. See it LIVE, in full uniform, Friday at the show. The weather will be gorgeous!

Fans making the trip to Allentown, Pa., for the first "Drum Corps—An American Tradition" show of the season have more than just fabulous drum corps to enjoy. As part of the evening’s excitement, the team at Youth Education in the Arts has added a fresh and unique approach to the first event of the season that includes a question/answer session with the creative teams, a meet and greet with the corps’ directors, special recognition to America’s service members and a massive three-corps hornline for the grand finale!

The Three ‘C’ Double Play season opener starts at 8:03 p.m., as the three Cs: Carolina Crown, the Cavaliers, and The Cadets—unveil their 2010 productions!

Adding in a twist to the format—they do it twice during the evening with both scores averaged to determine a winner!

Gates to J. Birney Crum Stadium will open at 7 p.m. Come early and meet the directors of Carolina Crown, the Cavaliers, and The Cadets. Stroll and shop in the marketplace for the season’s newest looks, enjoy the talent of the Lehigh Valley Youth Drumline, and catch up with old friends as the 2010 season finally gets underway!

WHAT NOT TO MISS FRIDAY IN ALLENTOWN:

• Corps’ director’s meet and greet at Gate 1 from 7–8 p.m.

• Pick the creative team’s brains! Question/answer session midway through the show

• Marching marketplace: Shop each corps’ store on wheels and pick up the newest gear

• Recognition of America’s service members and honors to former Cadets who also served their country through The Cadets Hall of Honored Veterans

• Lehigh Valley Youth Drumline pre-show marketplace performances

• A double dose of The Cadets performing "Toy Souldier," The Cavaliers performing "Mad World," and Carolina Crown presenting "A Second Chance"

• The grand finale—three world class hornlines on the field performing together for a fantastic season-launching experience!

SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE:

• 4 p.m.—Ticket Booth Opens

• 7 p.m.—Gates Open

• 7–8 p.m.—Meet the Directors at Gate 1

• 8:03 p.m.—The Cavaliers

• 8:23 p.m.—Carolina Crown

• 8:43 p.m.—The Cadets

• The Cadets Hall of Honored Veterans presentation

• Midway Q&A with the creative teams

• 9:48 p.m.—Carolina Crown

• 10:08 p.m.—The Cadets

• 10:28 p.m.—The Cavaliers

• 10:55 p.m.—Awards and the grand finale—a three-corps hornline!

TICKETS:

Tickets for "Drum Corps—An American Tradition" remain available at The Cadets website, www.Cadets.org, and will be for sale at the entrance gate beginning at 4 p.m.

VIP: SOLD OUT!

RESERVED: $23

VALUE RESERVED: $13

Half-price admission tickets for veterans, active duty, military dependents and Lehigh Valley residents! Just show an ID at the ticket gate!

Children under 12 are admitted free.

Tickets purchased online will be picked up at will call at Gate 1.

SPECTATOR ENTRANCES:

• Gate 1 (Lower): Will call and ticket purchase (Located at Linden and 19th streets)

• Gate 3 (Upper): Handicapped parking and entrance, ticket purchase (Located at Turner and 22nd streets)

DIRECTIONS:

J. Birney Crum Stadium is located on Linden Street at 19th Street, Allentown, Pa.

North/East/West of Allentown: Take Route 22, exiting at 15th St. Proceed south towards town for approximately 1-1/2 miles past Trexler Middle School (left) and the Armory (right) to Linden St. Turn right onto Linden and proceed past William Allen High School. J. Birney Crum Stadium is on the right at the bottom of the hill.

East/South of Allentown: Take I-78 Westbound to Exit 55 (Cedar Crest Boulevard). Make right at bottom of ramp. Follow to the second traffic light (Hamilton Boulevard) (Perkins Restaurant will be on your left hand side) and make a right. Follow Hamilton approximately 2 miles to 19th Street and turn left. Follow one block to Linden Street and turn left. J. Birney Crum Stadium will be on your right.

West of Allentown: Take I-78 Eastbound to Exit 54 (Hamilton Boulevard). Make left at bottom of ramp. Follow Hamilton approximately 3-4 miles to 19th Street and turn left. Follow one block to Linden Street and turn left. J. Birney Crum Stadium will be on your right.

PARKING:

Spectator parking is on residential streets surrounding the stadium and also in the park on Hamilton St. Gate 1 (lower) and Gate 3 (upper) will be open for admission to the stadium Handicap parking is located near Gate 3 on Turner St.

CONCESSIONS:

All the legendary, delicious favorites available through J. Birney Crum Stadium. Please note: NO VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED!

PLAN AHEAD FOR A SIZZLING DRUM CORPS SUMMER! "Drum Corps—An American Tradition" is one of five YEA!-sponsored drum corps shows this summer!

Join us this summer at the following shows:

• June 29—College of New Jersey, Ewing, N.J.

• July 6—Chambersburg High School, Chambersburg, Pa.

• Aug. 5—West Chester University, West Chester, Pa.

• Aug. 8—Clifton Stadium, Clifton, N.J.

CLICK HERE for "Drum Corps—An American Tradition" ticket and show information.

Buy Tickets Here

Reserve the best seats, save on handling charges and have your tickets waiting for you to pick them up at the gate on Friday!

BUMP!

So... I hear this is tomorrow evening?

I think Cadets will win by a small margin, simply because they have been in spring training for a week longer than the other groups there. But their lead won't last long into the season when they get surpassed by crown and cavies both. Just my opinion

Cadets 75.5

Crown 74.8

Cavaliers 73.8

What if you don't like a show or two? Then you paid 50 bucks or more to sit through what you already know you hate. This has some glitches I think.

What if you don't like a show or two? Then you paid 50 bucks or more to sit through what you already know you hate. This has some glitches I think.

The don't ####### go. It is that simple

Good lord you people will complain about anything

The don't ####### go. It is that simple

Good lord you people will complain about anything

What?

I am very excited to see all three of these shows. Seeing them twice is kind of neat idea early season. I always walk away from early shows anxious to see some corps' shows again (knowing that I'd missed a lot in the first viewing).

If anyone is heading over to watch Crown practice be sure to say hi :) I'll be there from lunch onwards.