Corps Numbers

High Country is marching 20 brass, as of today, 10 guard, 5 battery, and 3 pit, 1 dm.

We keep getting a few new folks after our performances so who knows where we'll be by September.

Why are members fairly easy to find but hard to keep around?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High Country is marching 20 brass, as of today, 10 guard, 5 battery, and 3 pit, 1 dm.

We keep getting a few new folks after our performances so who knows where we'll be by September.

Why are members fairly easy to find but hard to keep around?

I bet if I could answer that question I'd be super rich! :-D :sleeping:

Specific numbers aren't that important. The quality of the corps, regardless if they have 45 horns or 60, 20 drums or 30, etc. is what most people are interested in knowing about.

Heck look at Thunder 2008 we had 18 brass and still put on an epic show. Were were loud for how small we were.

Then obviously you need to schedule lots of performances! :thumbup:

In my years with the Sunrisers, in 1996 we broke a 90 with 27 hornline members....

Was it 27? Now I can't seem to recall, but it was something ridiculously small like that, though. :thumbup:

27 ya say? :thumbup::blink:

WIN!

:thumbup:

Check out the DCA placement from last year...

Now of course it is NOT decided solely on numbers but from what I understand (and the numbers should be verifiable if there is a researcher out there that cares enough to look it up) the placement of the top 6 corps coincided exactly with the size of those corps... As I said I watched the shows and there was a lot more than that to it, but it is an interesting thing to note...