Carolina Crown MMX

I think the visual is fine for Crown's show. I'd like to see more drill development rather than all of the rolling around and jazz run to percussion stuff, but what they're doing is challenging in its own right, and will probably score them lots of points.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the music program. Could be right up there for me with Phantom 96 (which it reminds me of right now) and Phantom 08 by the time the season ends.

Love the corps but as long as your giving a second chance bring back last years uniforms. They were beautiful. Please toss the new ones and give the old ones a second chances

good luck

Hey!

Will youse all have their housing locations?

Really wanna see them rehearse here in MA.

ty =)

edit: just found it on their site, they don't have the Amherst, MA location posted yet.

Edited by the_aborigine

Hey!

Will youse all have their housing locations?

Really wanna see them rehearse here in MA.

ty =)

6/30-7/1 somewhere in Amherst, MA

7/2-3 Kickemuit Middle School in Warren, RI

7/4 Classical High School in Lynn, MA

7/5 Kickemuit Middle School in Warren, RI

Hey CorpsBand, just wondering if you could speak of any additions, changes, or anything else going on during these next few rehearsal days in Crown land. Anything you can divulge would be appreciated.

So yeah here my take on the show. The pre-show is very intricate in detail, lots of body movement that matches the music.

The development into the intro is alot like last year's If you've seen the end of their show they are cutting off where the ending hit would be... As it is right now they are ending their show on a suspension chord. The resolution is going to be what may win them the Crown this year..

The opener the music is very hard with lots of difficult passages, and the drill reflects that. Very easy on demand the first part of the show where they are playing the meat.

The ballad is great lots of layers to the design, the music is great as well.

The tango section is their "puck" section this year... I see this area of the show being enhanced alot through the season with the end product being loud fast and high.

And as I said before the ending of the show will be there all power massive Crown sound. The resolution will be the chord where just open up the major chords and let 'em rip.

The formula is there, It is their signature formula for show design and the competition out west will decide whether they win this year.

Edited by Glenn426

Hey CorpsBand, just wondering if you could speak of any additions, changes, or anything else going on during these next few rehearsal days in Crown land. Anything you can divulge would be appreciated.

10 hour bus ride from the WV show to Bloomington HS, Bloomington IL. Rumor has it that the last minute and half of the show will appear at Normal. Crown is again part of the BOA Symposium so it's tshirts for everyone at practices :) As for what the music might be for the ending...well it's gonna be exciting :) Only other thing I "heard" (read on a member blog) : Herbert woke everyone up with bubbles this morning !

10 hour bus ride from the WV show to Bloomington HS, Bloomington IL. Rumor has it that the last minute and half of the show will appear at Normal. Crown is again part of the BOA Symposium so it's tshirts for everyone at practices :) As for what the music might be for the ending...well it's gonna be exciting :) Only other thing I "heard" (read on a member blog) : Herbert woke everyone up with bubbles this morning !

Nice! Thanks for the updates, can't wait to see the ending when the Normal VOD is up. Ugh! mandatory t-shirts, I remember those rehearsals.

Corpsband, maybe you know this, But do you know if crown is going to stop Anywhere in Oklahoma for A Day, or are they gonna pass just right through the state (would love to see them, but i cant seem to find out if there gonna stop or just drive right though)

Edited by ohwiseone