Carolina Crown MMX

Just watched Crown's show from Houston on the Fan Network and the ending is a lot better than it was. More velocity in the drill, but the music is kind of blah because they just keep hammering the same chord. I've heard that there's going to be more to it which I hope is true. But, just throwing this out there....everyone has compared Crown to Star of Indiana for the past few years. And it's a well known fact members of their staff marched or were on staff with Star back in the day. How about to close A Sec2nd Chance we get a little quote of Medea? That would be the ultimate second chance right there and you know it would sound awesome with that Crown sound.

Edited by tigerwoods_2001

I was watching Visual earlier this morning, and i saw a baritone or Mellophone girl get hit in the head, Does Anyone have an update on her, or heard anything, It didn't look terrible but i would still like to know

Answer to my text asking about it "Yeah but it was nothing" so I guess all is well :)

Edited by corpsband

I was watching Visual earlier this morning, and i saw a baritone or Mellophone girl get hit in the head, Does Anyone have an update on her, or heard anything, It didn't look terrible but i would still like to know

As soon as I saw this I was worried and called my daughter who is a mellophone with Crown. There are few girls in the brass line so I wanted to check. I have to thank you because I caught them right when they had some down time and I just had the most wonderful, long conversation with her! She told me about the girl who was hit with the flag. and said she will be fine. Thanks for caring to ask about her.

Herbert is a local boy. Graduated from high school with my daughter in 2008. Marched with Northwestern HS Purple Regiment all four years, despite being gone for the summer his soph-senior years while on tour with Crown. He has been on a winterguard team and coached every season too. Very giving, sweet guy, whose personality is as big as he is. Due to where his birthday is, he gets an extra year with DCI. They are very lucky.

I fell back in love with Crown last night (Never fell out of love, really...) I cant get that opener out of my head and the ending of the show is so larger than life....that set where the corps look likes a "bird beak" lol, for lack of better description..is just amazing.....I watched BD 4 times already, and Crown 3.....

I dont care where they place, this show delivers, for me !

G

I have a feeling the true ending for this show is gonna be nothing short of spectacular when it hits the field. Michael Klesch and Leon May are some of the best at what they do, and with a corps like this anything should be possible.

I heard that the center snare is out for the season due to tendonitis and has been moved to the pit, and another snare as well as a tenor player are out for the season. This looks like it's definitely hurting them in the percussion caption and might be the Achilles heel of this corps this year. I also heard that they're not looking to fill these holes. 7 snares, 4 quads, 5 bass. Would this mean that crown is marching 148 people this year?

I didn't get to see Crown this year but I became a believer seeing last year's show in Van Buren, Arkansas. I so want them to win the championship soon! I love their style and how they do things. Good luck Crown!