2010 Rankings

How has it been determined that Kilties will be the newest corps voting next year.

Doug Smith

Kidsgrove is not eligible to be a voting member as they are not a US corps . Top ten US open class corps will have Kilties in 10th place and a voting member by default.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kidsgrove is not eligible to be a voting member as they are not a US corps . Top ten US open class corps will have Kilties in 10th place and a voting member by default.

i think you assume that they need to be a U.S corps to be a voting member. i think that a deal has to be made to allow that. if a canadien corps makes the top 10 they are a voting member. but nice try.

i think you assume that they need to be a U.S corps to be a voting member. i think that a deal has to be made to allow that. if a canadien corps makes the top 10 they are a voting member. but nice try.

The key phrase in this matter is "North American corps."

Jerry

Did I miss something? Have prelims scores already been determined?

What score are we going to get?

That is exactly what I thought when I read that post.

That is exactly what I thought when I read that post.

it's the DCA conspiracy. didn't you know about that? :rolleyes:

I appreciate what you are saying, but even if Kilties are the 10th Open Class Corps, (AND WHO IS TO SAY THEY WILL FINISH 10th, maybe they will finish from 6 down) that does not guarantee them the voting rights. What if a CLASS A corps outscores one of the OPEN CLASS corps, then the Class A corps gets the vote, is my understanding. Mr. Peashey if you please.

Doug Smith

I appreciate what you are saying, but even if Kilties are the 10th Open Class Corps, (AND WHO IS TO SAY THEY WILL FINISH 10th, maybe they will finish from 6 down) that does not guarantee them the voting rights. What if a CLASS A corps outscores one of the OPEN CLASS corps, then the Class A corps gets the vote, is my understanding. Mr. Peashey if you please.

Doug Smith

Sorry I did not word that correctly.

If I understand everything correctly here it goes.

The top 10 open class corps will be the voting block. Its my understanding that Kidsgrove is not eligible to be in the voting block,,therefore your top 10 open class voting corps will include the Kilties as a voting member next year.

Its my understanding they changed the rules a couple of years back where Class A corps,,regardless of score were not eligible to become voting member.

I may be off with my facts but that is what I believe to be the facts.

I am pretty sure,,unless something got changed in the last few weeks and months that only U.S. corps are eligible to vote.

From Peashey

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/inde...p;#entry2760991

eaching for my rule book.... part of what the poster was referring to about NOT being like DCI is true. Class A is still voluntary and you do NOT have to go into class A if you have 65 or fewer people. It's YOUR choice to do so. As a matter of fact, I'm going to have to go look it up, but I don't believe there is anything in the new rule about a corps changing their mind prior to the August 1 championship entry date and deciding to compete open class even though on June 1 they may have elected to go Class A... but I must check that...

What is correct and this quote is talking about is that the A Class and Open prelims are now 2 separate shows and IF a corps in Class A scores higher than the 10th place corps in open prelims... no matter, they are still Class A and compete in Class A at Finals.

This is a very healthy change and mostly a technical one. The way the judging system works, corps at the top of Class A were getting artificially clumpped together to allow the judge room to adjudicate the rest of the open class corps... in a small sub caption you may not have enough tenths (or hundreths) to work with... Show dynamics may cause a judge to be very conservative with his numbers to be sure he has room to properly fit everyone in. This is ALWAYS a problem when you adjudicate a larger quantity of groups...

If the judge felt that Class A corps #1 was .2 better in a subcaption than Class A corps #2 and it was one big show and he still had 13 open class corps to "fit in" then he might reduce that difference to .1 better. Again it's called show dynamics and it happens all the time... We all know a tenth can mean a championship... by separating the Class A prelims and the Open Class prelims into 2 clearly separate contests, this is NOT a problem. It is MUCH fairer to the Class A competitors... not to mention how UNFAIR it would have been if a corps was forced to compete in open class and lose the opportunity to win the class A championship so they could come in 10th in open? YIKES... thank God that never happened - but we sure came close a couple of times.

As for the comment on the sheets being different for Class A - nah... I'm not in favor of that... the judges handle the difference well... quality drum corps is quality drum corps and I see no reason to have two separate sets of sheets and systems... an added expense and more clinics necessary... not worth the bother... if it ain't broke - don't fix it...