2010 Rankings

How do DCI shows "[affect] your placement in DCA" currently?

They dont. At least the caption ranking system here on DCP only counts DCA scores for DCA corps. So if MBI has all DCI shows until August (which this year is almost true)....they would technically be unranked until they attended a DCA show.

Now unofficially people will use those scores from DCI shows anyway just to put them in a place. As you see by the odd 5 point drop...DCI scores for DCA corps can be kind of screwy and therefore are not an accurate assessment.

Edited by skeptic

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont. At least the caption ranking system here on DCP only counts DCA scores for DCA corps. So if MBI has all DCI shows until August (which this year is almost true)....they would technically be unranked until they attended a DCA show.

Now unofficially people will use those scores from DCI shows anyway just to put them in a place. As you see by the odd 5 point drop...DCI scores for DCA corps can be kind of screwy and therefore are not an accurate assessment.

That was my understanding as well, which is why I asked the question.

Ive been thinking that DCI shows for DCA corps should be judged exhibition without it effecting your placement in DCA. I know corps can request this. Not sure that it is always honored though.

DCI scores do not affect DCA placement. Only DCA shows...

It was only done in California at a DCI show with DCA corps in attendance and DCA sent a judging coordinator to help the judges with DCA sheets. Last year they waived the 3 corps show rule to assist Renegades get a score. One shot deals if I remember

It was only done in California at a DCI show with DCA corps in attendance and DCA sent a judging coordinator to help the judges with DCA sheets. Last year they waived the 3 corps show rule to assist Renegades get a score. One shot deals if I remember

If there is any testament to DCA helping its groups out, there is your proof. No one can deny that DCA does not do everything it can to help their corps. :sleeping:

So does that mean Renegades will be the first Open Class corps to perform at prelims? Since they won't have a DCA score during the regular season? Or is that exception rule still exist?

So does that mean Renegades will be the first Open Class corps to perform at prelims? Since they won't have a DCA score during the regular season? Or is that exception rule still exist?

I think there was a rule passed that they could use their last score or something. Same for SoCal Dream.

Not True, being the one person who helps DCA & DCI coordinates the sheets...

Our Highest score will be use as our seeding to DCA Champs, and that's it...

So what ever we get on July 17 at our DCI Shows on DCA Sheets is where we place for prelims...

I even talked to Gil to make sure a couple of weeks ago, just in case...

Edited by darkman

Not True, being the one person who helps DCA & DCI coordinates the sheets...

Our Highest score will be use as our seeding to DCA Champs, and that's it...

So what ever we get on July 17 at our DCI Shows on DCA Sheets is where we place for prelims...

I even talked to Gil to make sure a couple of weeks ago, just in case...

Well... its sort of true. The only reason that is true for you guys is because you do not have an established region with 3 corps. I do not think that would work for groups in the northeast, midwest and south. I think there is a rule that was passed to make this happen for Dream and the Renegades, but not one has confirmed if I am right yet.

The Latest:

Place - Score Corps (Last Show, Date) +- Score Change (Previous show, date)

Open Class:

1 - 82.613 Buccaneers (Bridgeport, CT 6/26) +2.075 (Wildwood, NJ 6/19)

2 - 80.950 Empire Statesmen (Rochester, NY 7/3)

3 - 78.038 Caballeros (Bridgeport, CT 6/26) +2.675 (Wildwood, NJ 6/19)

4 - 77.475 Hurricanes (Bridgeport, CT 6/26)

5 - 73.000 Minnesota Brass (Stillwater, MN 6/27) -5.000 (Madison, WI 6/26)

6 - 71.550 Bushwackers (Bridgeport, CT 6/26) +2.212 (Wildwood, NJ 6/19)

7 - 68.275 Renegades (Stockton, CA 6/27) +1.312 (Stanford, CA 6.26)

8 - 68.250 Kilties (Madison, WI 6/26)

9 - 66.33* Kidsgrove Scouts (Cudworth, Barnsley, UK 6/20)

10- 65.200 Alliance (Ft Mill, SC 6/20)

11- 64.700 CorpsVets (Fort Mill SC, 6/20)

*=BYBA judges

Class A:

1 - 67.800 Grenadiers (Rochester, NY 7/3)

2 - 65.913 Fusion Core (Bridgeport, CT 6/26) +1.175 (Wildwood, NJ 6/19)

3 - 65.763 SoCal Dream (Walnut, CA 7/3)

4 - 64.888 Carolina Gold (Bridgeport, CT 6/26)

5 - 61.625 Govenaires (Stillwater, MN 6/27)

6 - 59.638 White Sabers (Rochester, NY 7/3)

7 - Cincinnati Tradition (First show 7/7, Dublin OH)

7 - High Country Brass (First show 7/9, Loveland CO)

7 - Excelsior (First show 7/17, Troy NY)

7 - Shenandoah Sound (First show 7/17, Troy NY)

7 - Vigilantes (First show 7/23, Denton TX)

7 - Sun Devils (First show 7/24, Jamestown NY)