Louie Louisville

This may be the first time EVER that Bluecoats are now the frontrunner representing the midwest. It will be interesting if they can stay on top of their perch, and conversely we'll see how Phantom and Cavaliers do coming from behind.

I saw Bluecoats show and their wins over PR and Cavs is no fluke. The win over BD that one year WAS a fluke, but not now. They have got all the pieces, and if you've read my comments, you know that after I saw them they have made me a HUGE Coats drummline fan.

Welcome to the club.

Ouch :laughing: Pioneer 59.7

Actually, that's a little ahead of where they were last year at this time. Good going, Pioneer!

Edited by wallace

is it me or do opening scores seem really high this year. Madison, Glassmen, Phantom, Bluecoats, Crown all received their highest opening scores to date this year. Someone had said Madison usually starts around 63-65 range, Glassmen are usually in 66-68 range Phantom 66-70 range Bluecoats 65-70 range.

Don't get me wrong....I think its great and I'm not trying to start an inflation debate. Just curious as to why....are the shows just that much better this year?

Yes. These are the best corps performances in June I have ever seen in 30 years of watching.

Normally the June shows are not worth the price of admission. This year they ALL are.

Edited by wvu80

Forgot about Encore.. Cavaliers played Mars! WOO!

At a real solid mf. ... Why are all cavies encores so soft? Let it out boys, no judges!!

I loved bluecoats tonight- cavies were great too, I was actually thinking they might be 1st

very gratifying to see Scouts in the thick of it

is it me or do opening scores seem really high this year. Madison, Glassmen, Phantom, Bluecoats, Crown all received their highest opening scores to date this year. Someone had said Madison usually starts around 63-65 range, Glassmen are usually in 66-68 range Phantom 66-70 range Bluecoats 65-70 range.

Don't get me wrong....I think its great and I'm not trying to start an inflation debate. Just curious as to why....are the shows just that much better this year?

Actually Bluecoats opened with a 74+ in 2009 compared to a 73+ last night in WV.

Phantom has opened above 70 in their first show several years.

This may be the first time EVER that Bluecoats are now the frontrunner representing the midwest. It will be interesting if they can stay on top of their perch, and conversely we'll see how Phantom and Cavaliers do coming from behind.

I saw Bluecoats show and their wins over PR and Cavs is no fluke. The win over BD that one year WAS a fluke, but not now. They have got all the pieces, and if you've read my comments, you know that after I saw them they have made me a HUGE Coats drummline fan.

If a corps is the frontrunner in the midwest, that automatically puts them in the running for the title.

well the crowd didnt seem to think this tonight, of the top 3, The Cavaliers are the only corps to get a standing ovation, that is also true for Fort Mills too, Cavies have the crowd on their side this year. Sadly I'm only able to go to 3 more shows but this early season has been interesting.

well the crowd didnt seem to think this tonight, of the top 3, The Cavaliers are the only corps to get a standing ovation, that is also true for Fort Mills too, Cavies have the crowd on their side this year. Sadly I'm only able to go to 3 more shows but this early season has been interesting.

That may prove to be damming for Cavies! :laughing: