Rochester Show / July 3rd

Color pre now. I believe this is Maple Leaf Forever, which would make sense since the Canadian flag is in the middle of the honor guard.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Company front for the color pre and the crowd goes wild!

I've heard these guys every year since 2006. You'd think I'd recognize all the songs now. What do they finish their color pre with after the company front when the rest of the color guard comes up and dips their flags?

Drums up front for their solo. A lot of rudimental stick work happening right now. Very nice.

Drums are collapsing intervals, now playing drum to drum. Very nice visual effect.

7B697583-B6EC-4B81-810C-4F83C974BFA2-5220-00000151618193B1.jpg

Waltzing Matilda. Horn cut off on the intro was to die for, very crisp and sudden, leading to a great echo from all around.

Another reason to want my iPhone 4 - the 2MP camera on this phone can't handle the digital zoom option. I wanted to get a shot of the glockenspiels since they were right up front.

And the big closing Waterloo Fanfare to finish the show. Crowd goes wild and gets on their feet.

Scout House forms up in parade formation on the 50 and starts the Colonel Bogey March. Crowd immediately starts clapping along.

One of the few places you can go where the crowd can keep time with the music when clapping is a drum corps show.

And the big closing Waterloo Fanfare to finish the show. Crowd goes wild and gets on their feet.

Sounds like this show is a hit!!! and those naysayers... :thumbdown:

Next on the field are the White Sabers from Dansville, New York. Their 2010 program is entitled "Worlds of Imagination" and features:

Cirque Du Soleil - Incantation (from Quidam)

Ninkou Latora (from Quidam)

Ombra (from Cirque du Soliel)

Reve Rouge (from La Nouba)

Ravendhi (from Cirque Du Soleil)