Rochester Show / July 3rd

Well, you want the competing corps on together and to close out the program and, to tell you the truth, only going after Empire Cadets would have been good for White Sabers tonight. T-birds had only a couple more horns, but we put out some serious sound and played music the crowd could get into. White Sabers shot themselves in the foot with this program tonight.

yes I agree..but...anyway!! T-birds always put out serious sound!! I understand!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mellos have a nice feature in the middle of the opener, very exposed, marching alone with the rifle line surrounding them. There's a lot of tasty happening on the field. Horns are very strong and the drums are vintage Kingston.

I just found my first reason to get the 2010 all-age CDs.

Kingston Grenadiers:

09257A1D-A5CA-4066-A955-F5C850B3FD12-5235-0000015409E5B76E.jpg

Horns do need to work on their soft playing, especially after such an aggressive opener. I hear some wavering in the sound as the breath support isn't quite there yet.

Flugelhorn soloist just did a wonderful job.

You know, for not having any contras, this hornline plays great in tune and makes up for it as best as they can.

Nice soprano duet on the fifty during the ballad now. A lot of strong players in Kingston this year, it seems.

Since I know Kevin gives good solid honest play-by-plays, sounds like Kingston showed up to lay it down! All of us folks here in Kingston wish we could be there to cheer on Canada's Own!

Great company front, with great company front musicality, for a big hit before the corps turns backfield to finish the ballad.

Since I know Kevin gives good solid honest play-by-plays, sounds like Kingston showed up to lay it down! All of us folks here in Kingston wish we could be there to cheer on Canada's Own!

Absolutely!!! :thumbdown:

Some timing issues from the drums, who are spread out on the field, to start the closer. Once they come together, so does the timing. Snares open the drum solo with very solid playing. Tenors are dirty, but that's a tough part to have clean at this point in the season.

I do hear one issue with having no contras on the field: Baritones have a very laser tone sound, which sometimes sticks out.

Kingston is really putting on a clinic for how a Class A corps can put out an exciting AND challenging show. They're not letting up at the end, either, which says a lot about their preparation for this season. LOVE that attitude!

Two more horns than White Sabers, same as Thunderbirds, yet they put out a full sound, even without contras, which is scary, in a good way.

That drum line is Open Class quality.

This corps is out to win Class A, pure and simple.